News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

more progress on the big green beast! My 66 and YEAH I have PICS!

Started by pettyfan43, May 28, 2007, 05:53:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfan43

The engine compartment is looking nice, next step is to start sanding and getting ready for paint under the hood! Then ready for the 440!

71ChallengeHer

pettyfan43

So far all the surprises have been good ones and the car is coming along well. I'm stoked with the progress and hey CHECK OUT that nice metal under the BATTERY TRAY!

I'm ready to get this beast rolling under its own power!  ;D ;D ;D

pettyfan43

Thank you!!!!!!!!!! Yeah I kinda like the dark green and it IS staying that color. I think it's gonna look kinda tough with the dark green, black interior, big and little body colored wheels with the dog dish caps, a 67 Super stock hood scoop and those leetle V-8 emblems that come on 318 cars!

Make sure is sits low and the Chebbys will RUN for cover when they see that big chrome grille!!

Charger-Bodie

its looking cool and what a nice piont to start from NICE CLEAN METAL are you gonna sand blast it and squirt on some new paint?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

pettyfan43

Oh yeah, the new paint is coming shortly, I have some things to work out but the car is hopefully gonna be a nice ride, I've never had a 66 before, and I haven't had a big block driver in about ten years!

I can't wait! It's killing me but I'll spend the time making sure everything is right. I don't want to do this stuff two or three times!

Thank you!!

Ghoste

Khyron

good luck and nice metal to start with :2thumbs:

your in for a lot of sleepless nights and a lot of fun!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

skip68

That will be one sweet ride.  :2thumbs:  It's going to be nice to see that fresh green all shiny.   :drool5: :drool5: :drool5:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Charger1973

The color scheme makes it look like an old Army tank.   :icon_smile_cool:   Pretty sweet...    :yesnod:

pettyfan43

Thanks everybody!

I'm picturing the car with the steel wheels painted body color (the fronts are 15X7, the rears are 15X8.5 Ramcharger wheels) The paint is dark green metallic and the interior is black, the little roof stripe was white. Add to that a 67 Ro/Wo Super Stock hood scoop, and leave those little V-8 emblems in place.  Oh yeah should be WICKED! At least that is the plan!

71ChallengeHer

Pretty soon you will have it looking this good ;)

pettyfan43

I hope so Jackie! That looks good! I know that isn't your Challenger. Is it a Dart? kinda looks A-Body and the color looks like F6 green, So I'm GUESSING 69 Dart.

Looks really nice!

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 29, 2007, 11:29:05 PM
I hope so Jackie! That looks good! I know that isn't your Challenger. Is it a Dart? kinda looks A-Body and the color looks like F6 green, So I'm GUESSING 69 Dart.

Looks really nice!
It's my brother's 71 Scamp. And it is F-6.   I wish my Chally's engine compartment looked that good.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemi68charger

Sweet........  Look forward to more pics....... Great way to start.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

rt green

did he blast the darts engine engine compartment, or clean up and just paint? i'm at that point now. dont want to blast it, but i might have no choise at this point. mines about the same shape as the dark green '66. it's been pretty humid here, and i havent picked up any sealer yet. i just have regular primer. if i did blast it, would regular primer be good enough?
third string oil changer

Khyron

I would say blast it. Thats what I did and I'll tell ya, It was a huge time saver. Also it's easier to get all the nooks and cranny's. All that uneven metal and stuff. You'll thank me later. and yes, a regular primer is all I used. got it on sale for $58 a gallon ;)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

NYCMille

pettyfan43

Thank ya Mike! I just can't seem to get over there enough to get anything done over the last couple days! BUT Friday looks like a clean Slate!!!!!!!!!!!!

71ChallengeHer

I know he had the K-frame blasted but I think they just cleaned up and sanded the engine compartment.