News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dynomax Ultra-flow muffler length?

Started by Zentelis, May 26, 2007, 10:00:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zentelis

I've decided on Dynomax ultra-flow welded mufflers. But what length?
They have 3 lengths available for the 3" inlet/outlet.
19", 25", 29" length overall.

If I get the TTi exhaust to go with the TTi headers, I'd have to get the 29" length ('cause that's the length they use, only they user super turbo)

But, a local exhaust shot said he could make me an H-pipe setup for about $300 ($200 less than TTi).
Could I save $100 and go with the 19" mufflers?
Are there any good reasons to go with the 29" length? (remember, they're an extra $50 a peice!)

To break it down:
Custom h-pipe exhaust + 19" mufflers ~ $450
TTi h-pipe exhaust + 29" mufflers ~ $750

Regarding fitment of the custom setup, the guy would build the exhaust with my charger in his shop so he could measure everything in person.

Thanks, folks :)

Brightyellow69rtse

i say go for the local guy. shorter mufflers are better performing anyway. longer will quiet it down more. i have a ultraflow 19" (i think it is its the shortest one) on my hemi ram with no resonators. its great not too loud and it wakes up when i step on it. save the 300 bucks :)..........Mike

firefighter3931

I would use the TTI pipes (x-pipe) and the shorter 19in mufflers. If you have to weld on an extension for the shorter mufflers...no big deal.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Zentelis

Thanks, guys :) I didn't want to assume anything about different length mufflers

Quote from: firefighter3931 on May 27, 2007, 12:39:40 PM
If you have to weld on an extension for the shorter mufflers...no big deal.  ;)
Ya know, when you're searching this site and reading and reading (for over 2 hours), sometimes your brain stops working and you never think of the most obvious solutions  :brickwall: :rofl: Thanks, Ron :)