News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cerberus to buy Chrylser

Started by Charger Aficionado, May 13, 2007, 05:58:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

Quote from: Shakey on May 15, 2007, 05:49:55 AM
Question:

Other than a direct employee of Chrysler (I think we have a few on the site), how does the sale of Chrylser directly affect the members here?   :shruggy:

parts prices could go down if manufactures no longer have to pay licensing fees to Chrysler?
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Big Lebowski

Question:

Other than a direct employee of Chrysler (I think we have a few on the site), how does the sale of Chrylser directly affect the members here?   :shruggy:

Well, now that they've pulled there heads out of the German's rear end, they might decide to build a real Charger with 2 doors, then I would buy one. So wouldn't you say that sale would increase Chrysler's profit margin?
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

DodgeByDave

When I first heard this yesterday morning I danced and laughed. Then I heard who the buyer was, and I cried.

24 hrs or so has passed and now that I have talked to a couple of people that work for ma mopar in labor and management, the opinion is that it was fun run and chrysler is done.

What sucks is when the peons are making up little diddies to ridicule management, something is "royal" in the works. First the foundry, then the transmission plant.

The best quote I've seen so far was the poor gal in Kokomo that said "Chrysler has been around for so long it's safe to assume they will be around another 50 years".

I do have to lol though. I hope Creeds firing is both deep and painful.
III, we are everywhere

charge-it

Quote from: hutch on May 14, 2007, 07:47:24 AM
CNBC thinks they will split dodge off into its own company.  If anything they  need to move operations down south and break up the unions.  Cant make cars in America up north anymore. Costs way too much to produce.
WRONG! They now need to clean out the overpaid management. It`s not the unions that brought them to this point, it`s the corporate greed. The wages and benefits were bargained for and agreed to by the company. The day the UAW doesn`t represent the workers at Chrysler or whatever it will be called now, will be the end altogether. If they decide to scab out the building of Chrysler vehicles then I hope the new company goes bankrupt and becomes part of history. I know they will NEVER get another penny from me if that`s the direction they take. When times are good management is quick to brag how good they are, but when times are tough they are just as quick to blame the unions...Get your bats ready guys....
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

FastbackJon

I hope they bring back Plymouth!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

bull

Question:

I might get screwed on the remaiinder of my '03 Durango warranty. Other than that I can't think of much.

41husk

I think o3 warranty will be fine.  They will not be packing up and closing shop in the next 12 months, and the reputation would be shot if they did not honor the waranty.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

jackel440

well I am at the kokomo transmission plant and most people here see to think it is hopeful.This company is not as bad off as the news reporting agencys lead you to believe.the germans complain about our side all the time ,but we (the chrysler division) has been propping up thier losses ever since the merger.They took all our cash and then stripped the insides out.trying to make us leaner.In the end that would help make us more efficeint,but they went to far.They will not spend the money to by replacement parts for machines so we can keep them running.The wait till us tradesman have band aided it to the point that it is un fixable,and then they have to spend more and have even more down time. :rotz:
  The only thing I can see worse from my side of the fence is they can close the doors,but I don't see that happening.The company as a whole should rebound as we will not have the germans screwing us over all the time.We make nice products,I am proud of them.I can't wait on the challenger!
We are going to have a town hall meeting in about an hour with the plant manager so we will see what they have to say.
Aaron

69Chrgr

You are correct. The Germans pilfered all of the money out of Chrysler. Cerebrus is investing 5.74 Billion in R&D for Chrysler. Chrysler will come out back on top. Ford on the other hand is not so well off. They have mortgaged everyting including the executive bathroom to stay affloat. I think Chrysler is going to surprise many!

bull

Quote from: 41husk on May 17, 2007, 07:51:37 AM
I think o3 warranty will be fine.  They will not be packing up and closing shop in the next 12 months, and the reputation would be shot if they did not honor the waranty.

I can't imagine their reputation being a big concern if they decide to dismantle the company.

Ghoste

Me either, but I am going to try and be optimistic that they don't want to dismantle it.  I hope they return to being Chrysler corp and don't become another hyphen.  Cerberus-Chrysler, bleah.  :P

IowaCharger69

Quote from: Ghoste on May 18, 2007, 08:06:52 AM
Me either, but I am going to try and be optimistic that they don't want to dismantle it.  I hope they return to being Chrysler corp and don't become another hyphen.  Cerberus-Chrysler, bleah.  :P

I personally think anything named Cerberus would be bad arse!

Ghoste

On it's own maybe but I got tired of the DaimlerChrysler thing right from the very start. The hyphenated company names instantly make me think that one is somehow lesser than the other.   Let it be Chrysler and function as it should.

hemihead

Walter P. is looking down now giving the Germans the single finger salute !  :hah:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Troy

Just to clarify - they only bought 80%. Daimler still owns the other 20%. They took a HUGE hit though.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.