News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Package tray questions...for 68

Started by C500, May 20, 2007, 04:09:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

C500

I have a few things I want to clear up:

I heard a while ago that the factorys only produced package trays in black - is this true, I know vendors sell repros in a few different colours.

My inside is red and the package tray that came in it was black with speckley finish and has clips on the bottom. I'm not sure this is a charger one as the seats that came in it were from 1st gen charger and a coronet. What sort of finish is the tray meant to be? My speckley finish sure is different to what shows on year-ones re-pops.

Are there supposed to be speaker holes cut out (like the repros year one sells) or are there supposed to be slots and you can't actually see the speakers?

If anyone can please answer these q's with some pics, that would be great. (Especially if you have a red interior)

cheers,

kiwi
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Charger-Bodie

not true they made them in colors too
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

C500

thanks 1hot68, anyone have a clue on the texture or the speaker holes the tray should have?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

Charger-Bodie

hera a pic of my speaker shelf its not real great but maybe it will help
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .

C500

cheers,
:cheers:
it shows the speaker hole slots. does it have a speckley or wrinkle finish?

Charger-Bodie

im sure how to discribe it, its kinda rough thou

Paul 500

My 68 tray
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

C500

cheers paul 500, you guys are great!!!