News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 performance ?

Started by speedfreak68, May 11, 2007, 10:43:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

speedfreak68

ok, i recently bought a 68 charger. it has a 318 in it right now but i think i can get my hands on a 440.  im at Mcpherson College and im majoring in auto restoration. next semester i will be in a engines class so i will have axess to a boreing machine and pretty much any other tool i might need.  My problem is that my friend has an 84 camaro with a 5 speed that he is building a 383 stroker for and i need to be able to keep up if not beat him. i was just wondering what i should do the the 440 to make that possible.
thanks

aifilaw

power is made in the heads...
440 is an excellent start, just by itself...you could go the cheap route and put some edel RPM's on it....or INDY EZ's I hear good things about these days as well....button it up and you shuold have no problem with most 383 stroker bowties.

Another things to remember is...engine isn't everything, a well designed drivetrain behind an engine can mean 2 seconds difference in a 1/4 race at least.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

moparguy01

Just go ahead and reply to my PM and I'll help get ya straightened out.  :icon_smile_big:

and dont forget to check out Charger Fever ElDorado charger show in ElDorado Kansas,down by wichita, just east of it. its a good time and your close enough to make it worth it.