News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

proper altenator for a '68 Charger

Started by hemi68charger, March 18, 2009, 09:35:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

I knew the day would eventually come when my local parts stores can't even come up with the proper alternator for my '68 Charger......

Anyone have a verified part number/vendor for a '68 Charger alternator? All they keep finding is the '70-up dual field alternator. I KEEP telling them anything prior to '70, 69-earlier, use a single field alternator....

Thanks...
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Corellian Corvette

According to the NAPA website

RAY2131001 looks like the single field, 35 amp alternator

RAY2132010 looks like the dual field, 55 amp alternator.

You can get a 45 amp version (for AC cars) but it's going to have 2 pulleys (RAY2132002)

You can also get a 60 amp AC, 2 pully version that is dual field.

For me (and I know this wasn't your question), I got the 60 amp version and just grounded one of the FLD terminals so I could have a better alternator. You can't really tell when you look at the car. That's just my commentary. Good luck!

hemi68charger

Quote from: Corellian Corvette on March 19, 2009, 12:31:44 PM
According to the NAPA website

RAY2131001 looks like the single field, 35 amp alternator

RAY2132010 looks like the dual field, 55 amp alternator.

You can get a 45 amp version (for AC cars) but it's going to have 2 pulleys (RAY2132002)

You can also get a 60 amp AC, 2 pully version that is dual field.

For me (and I know this wasn't your question), I got the 60 amp version and just grounded one of the FLD terminals so I could have a better alternator. You can't really tell when you look at the car. That's just my commentary. Good luck!

I was thinking of that as well... Apparently, the manager of the store found one yesterday... Looked in the thing with paper, the actual parts book... Go figure.................. That's what I told the counter help to begin with...  Hard to find good parts stores.......................

Thanks..
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection