News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Northwest car guys only, Exhaust, Flowmaster, Great little Shop McCleary, WA

Started by RTPTRON, May 17, 2008, 01:39:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RTPTRON

Recently I have been kind of focusing on my Shelby GT500 but my first love is my Charger.

I love the sound of Flow Masters. I run them on my 1968 Dodge Charger RT and they sould great. So,,,last Saturday,,,, We cut the stock mufflers off the OE Axial Back pipes on my 2008 Shelby GT500 and then cut the OE exhaust tips off the OE mufflers. We welded the Flow Master 40s to the OE Axial Back pipes, fabricated hangers to work with the OE hanger points and welded the OE exhaust tips to the Flow Master 40s.

The results are a great sounding car that looks like it has the OE exhaust.

You noticed that I kept using the term we.. The truth is that a little shop in McCleary Washington did all of this and I am out only $240 parts and labor. This guy did a lot of work and basically created an axial back Flow Master exhaust system. He builds custom exhaust systems from scratch if that is what you want. He said that my GT 500 OE exhaust is pretty cool except for the mufflers.

I live about 80 miles from DJ's Custom Exhaust but it was worth the nice drive even in the rain. His name is DJ Blaylock. He is an old hippy like me and does great work for not so much money. His card says "I'm Cheap, I'm Good, I'm fast" and that is exactly true in my experience.

I had a, what I thought was a competive estimate to just install flowmasters for around $500 from another shop in Kent.

The show season is getting started so I will be back in the MoPar mind-set this Summer.

RTPTRON

Another great shop for my Charger has been Warren Secord in the Kent Valley.  My original carb on my Charger is worn out and has been rebuilt a number of time.  I did not want to install a Edlebrock or other aftermarket carb because of the electric choke wire and/or the manual cable going to the carb.  Bill modified a new Edlebrock carb to use my original choke so there are no wires or cables going to the carb.  Unless you look under the breather it is stock.  I don't lie to anyone about my car but i don't do things that make it obvious that it is modified either.  Based on the club show rules I am still legal for stock class anyway.

I just have to put a word in for a shop that does something like my carb modification without my even telling them to do it.  Bill just knows what will make me happy and will do that for a lot of money.  He actually gave me a break on labor because he spent a lot of time that I was not charged for on the carb bench working on this project.

For what it is worth, this is good information.

Silver R/T

bit far away from me as Im in Spokane. If you've got cash we have a bunch of decent shops in Spokane also, dyno, etc.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722