News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What am I missing here

Started by 400/6/PAC, April 22, 2007, 05:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

400/6/PAC

I"m almost finished with my bumpers.
I dont about these brackets.
What am I missing here besides the license plate bracket?
Thanks for the help.
73 charger

Charger1973

Thats where your front push bumpers attach.  You have a bumper bolt in the hole where they attach, and the lower bolt attaches to that bracket.  If you dont want the push bumpers, just get rid of those brackets. 

68chrgrwife

Pretty sure that's where the bumperetts go....you can purchase from Year One
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

Charger1973

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on April 22, 2007, 08:41:38 PM
Pretty sure that's where the bumperetts go....you can purchase from Year One

Not for a 3rd gen you cant.   :P

68chrgrwife

Can you do a parts interchange with a second gen?
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

400/6/PAC

Thanks
I do have the bumperetts, I bought them on this site.
It's just been such a long time since I disassembled this stuff, I cant remember how it gose back togather.
I got it now.
Thanks for all your help.

Charger1973

Now that I think about it...  I think I sold them to you.   :haha:

400/6/PAC

Yes you did
why didn't you send instructions?? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Just kidding.
It's been a long time and there are so many parts that were not on the car so I had no idea how these pieces attach.
I could have finished this car two years ago if I had all the help you guy's have given me.
Just found this site a few months ago.
you guy's  are great
Thanks

Nacho-RT74

definitelly, Bumper guards... You need to remove the bumper bolt and attach on that hole  the upper bumper guard bolt. The lower bolst attacs on that brace.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

CharlieCharger

You know what I do when I forget how something goes together..I just go out in the garage and put it together a few times so I don't forget...I have detailed notes and pictures..but still You forget stuff..Sometimes I look at it and go" How in the hell am I gonna put that back together" LOL. That paint looks nice..
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

hemihead

Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

BMOTOXSTAR

Wow,
  That bumper looks pretty! Just wait until I get my Charger back from the paint shop in a month! I am going to be asking all kinds of questions on how to put every thing back together.  :scratchchin:
   I am going to try to put 72' Hideaway front bumper on. :yesnod:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

400/6/PAC

Ok
Go ahead , laugh, call me dumb, but I dont think this is right.
The guards are angled to far down, the bumper guard dose not conform around the bumper, and the guard looks like it will start to dig in to the bumper if I tighten it any more. There is still a lot room to tighten but I dont to mess up this bumper.
Should I just get rid of the guards?

Charger1973

Thats because its the rear bumper guard.  Try the other ones.    :icon_smile_blackeye: :icon_smile_big:

BMOTOXSTAR

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Those do look like the rears.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

400/6/PAC

OK THATS IT
I dont think I have any business trying to restore a car.
Yes you are right, I had them backwards, those are the rears.
I think I'll sign off now so I can go Pull my head out of my a!!.
Thanks for your help.

Charger1973

Quote from: 400/6/PAC on April 25, 2007, 05:20:50 PM
OK THATS IT
I dont think I have any business trying to restore a car.
Yes you are right, I had them backwards, those are the rears.
I think I'll sign off now so I can go Pull my head out of my a!!.
Thanks for your help.

Haha dont feel too bad, I always forget how things go back together too, but ive got most of the body parts down.  I tend to forget how mechanical things go back together like linkages and brackets. 

400/6/PAC

It fells kinda good to be laughed at.
I always said if you cant hang with the dogs then stay on the pourch with the puppys.
Thanks guy's

CharlieCharger

What did you paint those headlight "mounts" with..what color and were they rusty before you cleaned up..I'm curious.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

400/6/PAC

I used por 15
They were not rusty but I did the under carrage with por 15 and just kinda worked it up from there.
A lot of people dont like por 15, the instructions say just knock off the loose rust and paint.
I agree, you should never leave rust on the metal.
If you will take the time to remove as much rust as possible then use marine clean and then metal ready ( sold by por 15) befor you paint, you should be ok.
I did my undercarrage four years ago when I started this project and it still looks the same as the day I put it on.
Just dont skimp on the prep work.
Also this car was not restored to specs so dont use this product if you are going to restor to original.

BMOTOXSTAR

What type of paint did you use on the bumper filler?
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

400/6/PAC

The color is bumper black, made by bondo.
It works good if you use an adheasion promoter ( spelling )

BMOTOXSTAR

Thanks man.
I primered my fillers. I am debating if I should use 71' 72' bumper brackets and a set of front hideaways that I have to avoid using the bumper fillers. I sanded & primered the fillers, just debating what to do.  :scratchchin:
Please post some pic's of your Charger, from the front bumper pic it looks like you took your time & restored the Charger nice. :yesnod:
I hope mine will be finished by June.
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

bordin34

You actually want the bumperettes  :o I cant get a wrench long enough to loosen my rears.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ