News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

New Retro RE-STYLE of the "new Charger">>>???

Started by Charger Aficionado, April 19, 2007, 11:00:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

The horse is someone involved w/ advertising it.

MoparManJim

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on April 20, 2007, 04:13:31 PM
I heard rumours that the Avenger having very similar styling cues to the Charger was a strong indicator of a restyling of the Charger.

I'm not sure of the logic behind that statement, but it then went on to hint at the possibility of a 2-door.

So, now what am I gonna do with this?

I have a bright idea, if its paid off  just take it out on some back road an do a Dukes of Hazzard jump and see how far that can fly before it brakes or should I say fall apart on the landing or landings. Now if its not paid off jump it any ways and take it back tell them that you hit spot hole on the highway and that did the damage  :scratchchin: :D

Jim

hemihead

All I can say is that the front end still looks like a truck. And everyone says they won't believe it until it hits the showroom but the new Challenger
isn't in the showroom yet either, so ....
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

71 Bee Man

I remember seeing the prototype Charger at the Sydney International Motor Show. Here in Australia, people just looked in awe at that prototype.

Why the hell didn't they build it ?????? ??? ??? >:( >:( >:( :icon_smile_evil: :icon_smile_evil:

Peter
Sydney, Australia
Add your details to the Forum members List. Visit this thread to find out more :
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21133.240.html

jasonfromIKILLYA

Quote from: kab69440 on April 20, 2007, 10:46:14 AM
Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on April 20, 2007, 10:01:51 AM

except the new charger has pretty good sales numbers.

They might be selling pretty well somewhere, but they are still a more rare sight than a second gen here.

You live in the country?  In the urban areas it's selling well.  come to NYC
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: 73dodge on April 20, 2007, 08:23:34 PM
although you can Ebay it and go out and buy an identical one with a HEMI they'll never know................

Just a thought   :scratchchin:

:scratchchin:  I'm trying to figure out how the buy-out would go when the VINs don't match...  but I like the way you think!

Big Lebowski

I'm holding my breath waiting to see that one, and I'm about to pass out. :icon_smile_dead:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Khyron

they'll Frack it up. I lost interest in what Mopar is putting out now.

Including the lack of a base model Challanger. When I'm in the market for a new car. I'm getting a 'stang.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

bull

Isn't it time to start dredging up all those phony concept drawings again?

73dodge

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on April 21, 2007, 02:01:09 PM
Quote from: 73dodge on April 20, 2007, 08:23:34 PM
although you can Ebay it and go out and buy an identical one with a HEMI they'll never know................

Just a thought   :scratchchin:

:scratchchin:  I'm trying to figure out how the buy-out would go when the VINs don't match...  but I like the way you think!

Ahemm cough cough VIN SWAP cough cough......................

OR....................

Go to the local junkyard find a wrecked Dodge RAM with a 6.1 HEMI and do a little engine swapping, I'd even drive up from Cleveland to help you with that one.......
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

aone415

Quote from: kab69440 on April 20, 2007, 10:46:14 AM
Quote from: jasonfromIKILLYA on April 20, 2007, 10:01:51 AM

except the new charger has pretty good sales numbers.

They might be selling pretty well somewhere, but they are still a more rare sight than a second gen here.

The Charger is selling quite well.. I believe it was #15 @ the end of March... And while I was not initally a fan of the Charger, I did drive the SRT-8 and walked away very impressed.  @ 40k it plays in the same ballpark as an M5 or a CLS 55 AMG for half the price of each.  That alone is an impressive accomplishment.

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

69charger2002

they are EVERYWHERE here.. i know where about 10 second gens are just in my 30 mile area. but there is NO DOUBT 1000 06 chargers running around baton rouge area. seems like every 10th car is one
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Zentelis

Quote from: 69charger2002 on April 23, 2007, 10:09:22 AM
they are EVERYWHERE here.. i know where about 10 second gens are just in my 30 mile area. but there is NO DOUBT 1000 06 chargers running around baton rouge area. seems like every 10th car is one
There are none out here..our local Dodge dealer was sitting on them for quite a while. The same yellow/black "super bee" was sitting on their lot for many months.

I wonder if it had something to do with my "NOT-A-CHARGER" picket line  :rofl: j/k, of course.

Although, every time i go in their for parts, I rag on the thing to the sales guys. "Why did they put a truck front-end on a grocery getter sedan and call it a charger?" hehe

Doright

PLUM500
Did you ever think of a job in auto design?
I like that little red thing!!! If that were a real car I would have to give it some real thought about buying one.
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

AirborneSilva

They are all over the place down here in S. Arizona.

CharlieCharger

We have yet to see the challenger on the road, what makes you think they will get off there butts to make a new charger  :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

FastbackJon

I wonder sometimes how many ugly new "Chargers" I have got people interested in simply by driving my '66 Charger around.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

hemihead

In the Pittsburgh area they can't seem to give the Creeder away ( with or without the Super Creeder stickers).
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

BigBlackDodge

I see a few around town. I mostly see them when I'm in my daily driver.........but get the '70 out and they dry up pretty quickly for some reason. ???

BBD

moparjohn

What did you see/hear about the next gen Ram. I like this one, although I'm not a big fan of the dash board (06-07)
Happiness is having a hole in your roof!

Ghoste

They don't sell many here either.  There are a bunch on the dealers lot in town but almost all of them are 06 models.  Seeing more and more of them bit by bit but Rams and Caravans seem to be the bread and butter sales.