News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

C 500 HELP! I can't find the Grill Filler Pieces

Started by Carl1, April 18, 2007, 07:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carl1

Can anyone help locate a pair of the grill filler pieces for the 69 Charger 500. They go between the end of the grill and the fender. One of the last parts I need for my resto. I've listed in the swap meet with no results. I guess that not too many of the areo guys bother to slog through there. So please, you guys that have had a few C500's check around and see if you might have some fillers. I will gladly pay a finders fee if someone can steer me onto some. Thanks, Carl

UFO

Dayclona ent. lists them as a grille kit.    www.dayclona.com
They`re in with the daytona listings.

Carl1

Thanks, I'll check them out. How do they compare with the originals? Anyone have any experience with the Dayclona grill fillers? Anyone have any originals?

UFO

I have not bought anything from them.I just remember seeing the pcs you were looking for.

69_500

Dayclona does offer the filler pieces. I do not know of anyone who is currently using them on their car. I haven't seen a set of them personally so I can't say how they compare to the origionals. I'll contact a few owners of C500's to see if anyone has any extra's around that they would be willing to part with. I have a left side, but I just bought it last year due to it being in nicer shape  than the one on my car currently. I know a gentleman in Oregon who just picked up a pair of them, not sure if he already had a pair on the car he is restoring, if so I'll let ya know.

I think that Charger Aficianado had a set of them, or maybe it was just the center piece of the grille.

Charger1973

Arent they the same grille as a 68 Coronet?  I dont know too much about the C500s I guess. 

69_500

The center section, the gille emblem, and the headlight bezels are the same as the 68 Coronet's. However the extensions, and the rubber piece that goes around the extensions is unique to the Charger 500's in 1969.

Carl1

Please guys share some of your knowledge. Someone must know sumtin.

MsMopar

I would say they would be OK from Dayclona. I thought I lost one of mine and the body shop made one up. I found the one I was missing in my garage later. They look pretty much like it shows in their pic. Give them a call and see what they want for just the filler pieces. MsMopar