News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

need better brakes

Started by LargerCharger383, April 15, 2007, 10:00:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LargerCharger383

I have front discs on my '74, but when I try and do a burnout, it just pushes the car forward.  my engine has to be fully warmed up to get going fast enough to spin the wheels.  are there any decent upgrade kits out there that wouldn't bust my wallet?

Ghoste

Check that the rear brakes aren't adjusted too tight.  How old are the fronts?
You may also want to consider installing a line lock so that you can hold the front brakes on only when you choose to do so.

Charger1973

Im working on my front brakes right now.  Just bought new calipers, pads, and rotors at O'reillys.  It wasnt even worth it to mess with the old junk when I can get all that new for $130.  I would definately recommend replacing that stuff. 

Also, front disc was standard from 1973 on. 

Back N Black

I thought brake stands were for the Chevy guys?  :icon_smile_big:

74Charger

A good line lock is the way to go.  What size cam are you running?  I know that I run a 509 cam and have absolutely no vacumm at low rpm's.  So I invested in a vacumm pump. http://www.mpbrakes.com/products/product-detail.cfm?product_id=130

Along with a line lock that solved my problem. :icon_smile_big:
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD