News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

pins or not on hood

Started by Nacho-RT74, April 13, 2007, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

would you perforate a PERFECT CLEAN bulged hood to install hood pins ?

yes
18 (51.4%)
no
17 (48.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Nacho-RT74

I think only stuff to get my charger like the perfect Rallye "clone" is the pins on hood. Dunno if rallye wheels were really part of rallye package, but someday will install Keystones since I like more those...

My bulged hood is really PERFECT, absolutelly no dents, no rust, no holes ANYTHING just and simply perfect...

would you perforate a PERFECT CLEAN bulged hood to install hood pins ? are they really usefull ?
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

41husk

I like the look of hood pins on 3rd gens.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

dvnen

Not sure how you would insert the pin-outs outs but they are mostly for show and don't provide any usefullnes, but are factory correct.

Silver R/T

I like them on shaker hoods
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger-Bodie

i personally hate hood pins! they don't let the hood flex right ,they squeak, the cables rub the paint. no don't do it IMO
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Silver R/T

Ive got nice set of hood pins Im going to put on my 68. Cables are vinyl wrapped also.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Silver R/T on April 13, 2007, 04:01:08 PM
Ive got nice set of hood pins Im going to put on my 68. Cables are vinyl wrapped also.
good for you
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger1973

Mine will have them.  I have had a hood fly up while driving before.  I like the security of them, plus they look good. 

Silver R/T

Quote from: Charger1973 on April 13, 2007, 05:34:47 PM
Mine will have them. I have had a hood fly up while driving before. I like the security of them, plus they look good.

agree, Ive seen thousand dollar hoods/windshields ruined when stock latch failed

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

HITMAN 149

i do like the look of hood pins....but i wouldn't F*&K up a perfectley good hood!!!! buy another hood(fiberglass one) or an extra to poke holes in!!!
my 2 cents!!!!!
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Silver R/T

It looks cleaner without hood pins but if you got hood scoop or shaker hood it just complements it

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

no318

Quote from: HITMAN 149 on April 14, 2007, 05:48:55 PM
i do like the look of hood pins....but i wouldn't F*&K up a perfectley good hood!!!! buy another hood(fiberglass one) or an extra to poke holes in!!!
my 2 cents!!!!!

I'll gladly swap you one that already has hood pin holes in it.

Doright

I like hood pins BUT I wouldn't do it in a none pin hood just me though
I also wouldn't do unless I had big HP and was driving it really fast all the time.
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

twilt

I like the pins but would not cut a hood to have them. 

Arigmaster

I'm undecided on the hood pin thing. They look okay on some cars but with the 2nd gen. Chargers they sit too far back for my taste if bolted through the radiator support and if you go through the filler plate above the grill it isn't very strong. The cables would be pretty long and even with the coating it will still work through the paint.

The other thing to consider it that they create another hole in the car for moisture to get to the metal and cause rust.

I think you would need them if you didn't have the OEM latch assemblies but if it is just something for a backup incase yours fails, I think an internal chain or cable with a latch would do the trick.

MorePwr

I like the look and the security they provide, but wouldn't feel good poking the holes. I do like the fiberglass hood suggestion. hang the hood in your house. it'd make great wall art :D

CharlieCharger

Just think of it as a good way to line your hood up if you ever take it off for paint  ;D I like em..If they were not factory correct in some cases I wouldn't  do it however .
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

hutch

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

plum500

If it were me I'd do it. :2thumbs: :punkrocka:

If you'd really like to have em', go for it. Only metal, and not a huge mod - can always put it back to "normal".

71ChallengeHer

My Chally has a brand new hood on it. And it came with hood pins from factory. Mine are going back on as soon as I get the money to rebuild the door hinges and have the body lined up. I love the hood pins.

LargerCharger383

I think hood pins look really cool, but my hood already had 'em so...