News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Disk brake conversion questions...

Started by Rack, May 01, 2007, 05:23:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rack

I'm gonna convert my charger's brakes to disk brakes all the way around. When I order the "kit" how much comes with it? What I mean is, how much of the current setup do I need to keep and what stuff will be replaced? I want to put my old brakes on here to sell but I want to make sure I sell everything that's needed or that I don't sell something I may need. Did that make sense?

Also, I'm considering "upgrading" my front suspension to something more modern. Is there a place that would sell the whole setup including the disk brake conversion kit and everything I'd need, but w/o burning a large hole in my wallet?

I'm not building a racecar. Just want a good driver that is as modernized as possible w/o costing 2 arms and a testicle.

I just want to make sure of this before I put the stuff up for sale/trade.

Thank you!

71charger_fan

Which kit? From where? Not enough information in the question to formulate a response. Also, what do you consider "more modern?" Even though it's about 50 years old, the Mopar torsion bar suspension is about as modern as any other. You can go to a tubular K-frame, but that will burn a serious hole in your wallet.

Rack

Quote from: 71charger_fan on May 01, 2007, 08:56:49 AM
Which kit? From where? Not enough information in the question to formulate a response. Also, what do you consider "more modern?" Even though it's about 50 years old, the Mopar torsion bar suspension is about as modern as any other. You can go to a tubular K-frame, but that will burn a serious hole in your wallet.

Well the "which kit" was kinda part of my question. I don't know which one to get (if any) but if it's not going to improve the ride/handling much more then the stock suspension then I'll just stick with what I've got.

What is a tubular k-frame anyway? What's the difference between that and what I have?