News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Nitrous Oxide?

Started by Arkgl01, November 20, 2006, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aifilaw

Quote from: Lostsheep on April 04, 2007, 05:23:43 AM
Quote from: aifilaw on March 28, 2007, 09:39:12 PM
ensure that your timing is advanced when running nitrous to take full effect of its power adding

Too bad you wanna retard timing for nitrous use.

fixed...can't get everything right in 4 paragraphs of rambling....I probable couldn't remember which it is right now, mostly because I don't have time to ponder it.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Silver R/T

Id go with wet kit also
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Lostsheep

I am fond of the wet systems too.

myrtle

Alot of good information in here guys,..
Thanks a bunch.
Now where everyone is talking about forged internals,.. does anyone know if the stroker kits from 440source are good enough to handle, lets say, a 150 shot?
THE REAL FAST AND THE REAL FURIOUS

myrtle

THE REAL FAST AND THE REAL FURIOUS

Beer

My SB 402 has forged internals, the machine shop says I can easy spray 200-300 shot.

I am having a spare Edelbrock Air Gap intake direct ported with 1/8" NPT NX wet nozzles (fit tested last month). 

I have been dabbling with Nitrous on my Vette (LS1) and learned a lot.

Consistant bottle pressure is a must for correct AFR (Purge is not for show, its to get the air out of the line and lower the bottle pressure if your heater took the pressure a lil high).
Use a Window Switch, and dont spray below 3000 RPM
WOT is a must
Colder Plugs are needed.
Larger the shot, the more timing needs to be pulled

Beer
1973 Dodge Charger 402 Stroker Smallblock 414 HP/ 466 ft/lbs torque,  8 3/4" 3.91 Suregrip rear w/ DR. Diff disk brake conversion, CalTracs single leaf and Rear Suspension, VFN Bulge Hood, Running, needs interior completed, Had to give to Ex-Wife in divorce 2017...

GTX

Juice is nice but I'd rather be blown!  ;)

......just costs a whole lot more.

I'm old school and think nitrous is a cheap crutch and mostly for the import crowd and would rather stroke before juicing but to each his own.
Best yet, stroked and blown and then injected for added measure. Wasn't Tom doing that?

Ex President

Quote from: aifilaw on March 28, 2007, 09:39:12 PM
Quote from: hutch on February 28, 2007, 01:35:24 PM
People who don't like nitrous, and profess cubes, have their own opinion...if you like having power there all the time, go for it. Some people like poweron demand, and others like to be able to turn it on and off....it's nice getting 5mpg better and making the same HP and TQ 90% of the driving you do by running nitrous instead of forced induction or large cubes.

Word....

Good response to a complex question.

Challenger340

My SB 402 has forged internals, the machine shop says I can easy spray 200-300 shot.

Beer,
just a thought, but, be careful closer to the 300 mark as to how much top ring endgap you have, gets real "iffy" less then .026" if the fuel side isn't perfect.
Lotsa guys start spraying down the detonation with the fuel curve thereabouts, and extra timing retard, just to be safe, or, "if" you're not sure of the top ring gap.
Only wimps wear Bowties !