News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

LED tail lights?

Started by 1BAD68, March 28, 2007, 02:10:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

has anyone thought about or have done a tail light conversion using LED lights and stock lenses?

Charger_Fan

I swear I saw some place that was making a sweet set of '68 LED taillights, but it beats the crap outta me where I saw it. :-\ :brickwall:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

DC_1

DC_1

Dave22443

I went this route on mine.  Works really well and costs a lot less. 

http://www.superbrightleds.com/tail-brake-turn.html

Only one complaint: The difference between parking light and brake light is minimal.  Meaning, at night, its not real obvious that you hit your brakes.  During the daytime though, they really get your attention as they are a lot brighter over the stock bulbs.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

The Ghoul

I love this site
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Bill_Bowden/led.htm
it tells you what resistors you need when hooking a certan number of resistors together. Basically you want to take about 3-4 leds, solder them together with a resistor and use them in place of bulbs..
I am actully thinking of just popping off a couple LED "bulbs" that will just fit into the standard plugs.  :D

Dave22443

:ahum:

You mean like the one's you can buy for $6 at my link above?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

The Ghoul

Quote from: Dave22443 on March 28, 2007, 08:47:21 PM
:ahum:

You mean like the one's you can buy for $6 at my link above?
nope,
way cooler
because I made them.
LOL
yeah, didnt check out that link so ... my bad

Dave22443

- Abraham Lincoln

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)