News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any recommendations on trans lines?

Started by timinator, March 28, 2007, 08:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

timinator

I just purchased a new Flex-a-lite radiator and it doesn't have any provisions for transmission lines. I need to add an aftermarket cooler. It's a 727 behind a 440. I think the fittings on the trans are 1/8 NPT. Does this sound correct? Anyway, what's the best way to hook this up? I would prefer to avoid rubber tubes and barb fittings. I've seen some trans coolers with 1/2" female NPTs. Can I get braided steel lines with 1/8 NPT and 1/2" female NPTs on the ends I need? The original tubes are trashed so I figure I'll just take the braided lines right from the trans to the cooler. Any suggestions or what have you guys done that works?

Mefirst

Use the braided steel lines if you want the "Bling, Bling look" and use AN hose end fittings or you can do like I did, use black rubber hoses with pressed AN fittings attached to the ends, the "Race Look". I had to use an adapter fitting at the hose end going into the transmission case, cause the fitting hole in the trans was smaller diameter, than the fitting at the end of the hose...

Check the picture addy and youll see the trans oil hoses + fittings right under the Jolly Roger # plate. The trans cooler is a B&M pice with male NPT fittings.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a225/Gimmegimmies/P7010023.jpg

/Tom

Just 6T9 CHGR

Upon the recommendation of Ron (firefighter3931) I purchased a B & M stacked plate design cooler with the ½" pipe fittings.

I mounted it in the stock 69 Hemi car location & plumbed the lines using hard line & fittings.....painted it all black for the "stealth" look
Chris' '69 Charger R/T