News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Unrestored?

Started by Bob, March 23, 2007, 10:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

There is a low mileage 68 Charger on Ebay (hi-dolla) that claims unmolested/unrestored. The gas tank appears to have been change or removed. The tank straps have undercoating but the tank does not. Would make me wonder.

The70RT

obviously the tank and shocks have been changed.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi68charger

Quote from: The70RT on March 23, 2007, 10:06:54 AM

Along with the original unmolested rear sway bar !!!!   :rotz:
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemigeno

Quote from: hemi68charger on March 23, 2007, 10:10:09 AM
Quote from: The70RT on March 23, 2007, 10:06:54 AM

Along with the original unmolested rear sway bar !!!!   :rotz:

Good eyes...  not the original mufflers either.

LargerCharger383

unrestored, maybe. unmolested...not so much :scope:

bordin34

I dont think fixing a leaking gas tank, new muffler, or new shocks counts as restoring I think it makes it drivable.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

BMOTOXSTAR

E-Bay sucks for cars.I have never had any luck with Chargers that I found 0n E-Bay. :rotz:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

The70RT

I don't think he really wants to sell it anyway. $89,000......could have at least cleaned the straps.......but i guess that would take away the originality  :laugh:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemigeno

Quote from: bordin34 on March 23, 2007, 02:02:49 PM
I dont think fixing a leaking gas tank, new muffler, or new shocks counts as restoring I think it makes it drivable.

Agreed, none of the above constitutes a restoration, and there is certainly nothing wrong with making repairs for driveablility as you said.  However, if he's going to advertise it as "unrestored and unmolested", I don't think this car falls into that category.

I agree with The70RT, the seller doesn't really want to sell it anyway at that price.

Charger-Bodie

didnt someone post pics of that car at an auction not too long ago? i think it looks to be a nice well kept car but for that money its gonna take a fresh lotto winner to be that horny
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Chris G.

Quote from: 1hot68 on March 23, 2007, 04:11:03 PM
didnt someone post pics of that car at an auction not too long ago?

I believe that was at the Atlantic City auction last month. That is one super clean car if it's original. I would say it was painted, but I guess all the magazines he has about it would trump my opinion.  :-X

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 1hot68 on March 23, 2007, 04:11:03 PM
didnt someone post pics of that car at an auction not too long ago? i think it looks to be a nice well kept car but for that money its gonna take a fresh lotto winner to be that horny
:iagree:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

6670charger

Depends on your definition of "molested." 

The word usually means "defiled" in some way.  I wouldn't consider a new gas tank, new shocks and sway bar as having defiled the car.  That sounds like maintenance to me.  After 40 years, all these cars need new parts to keep them running.   

The car may well be unrestored.  To find an unrestored car that has all its original parts in good shape is an extreme rarity.  I guess if I were looking for something to put in a time capsule and never drive, the "unrestored-all-original" might be something to aspire to. 

A "molested" car, IMHO, would be the car that has been all torn apart, and perhaps half cut up in the name of making a race car out of it and then never finished, missing half or more of its original parts because they were taken off and thrown away.

Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963