News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What would this '73 SE 440 be worth?

Started by Harlow, March 23, 2007, 10:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

There is a charger for sale locally, '73 (looks like an SE, opera windows/SE emblem on them), its said to be a 440 (not sure numbers matching or not) Auto car, looks like a pretty nice rust free body. Says it needs a carb and radiator(not sure if they are missing or just need work). Not sure on the interior.From that little amount of info what would be a good price for it? I'm thinking about going to look at it tomorrow and see if it could be made easily into a driver. Heres the only picture I've got.

bordin34

Its missing the front valence also. The price really depends on how rotted it is.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

konigcharger

i'm gonna be optomistic, $3000, but its really hard to say

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Harlow

Its actually going to be auctioned off at a U.S. Marshals auction, is it worth checking out?

BMOTOXSTAR

I would have to say if there is not much rot, look for patches and bubbly, the dash probally has cracks. It is rare to find one that has no cracks, and it is buckets with console, then I would say $3000-$4000.  ??? I am not sure if they made bench with a 440? Probally did. If it has the good rear end, which it must have to for a 440 car, then grab it if you like projects.Oh yeah, make sure the bumper filler molding is nice.It is hard to find and lots of $. Charger boy was supposedly going to re-pop those? ???
If you keep looking you can find a nice survivor for about $8000-$9000
I am a 3rd gen owner myself & the guys that want $12,000 for an SE survivor or nice resto are out of their gords.  :image_294343: :image_294343: :spank: :nutkick:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Nacho-RT74

it looks too much raised in front to me... looks like no engine on it LOL, ( or full trunk ).

some stuff to consider to get it for nice resto:
-as stated, good dash pad.
-good upper panels.
-In fact with headliner and carpet exception what repros are good, rest of interior in good conditions. IMHO that's the most expensive and hardest part to get it REALLY NICE. You could spend between $500 and $3K trying to get a Nice interior depending of actually conditions and what you have in mind to get it. Plastic parts are available repros ( except sail panel and 74 lowers ) but I have known not really the best.

I think engine is not a problem... lots of goods around and I think still cheap to rebuilt if necessary.

The other stuff. QUARTERS and TRUNK EXTENSIONS... roof on front due the vinyl top... rest of body, even if rusted, easy to patch, the hardest are stated... Floor boards, maybe, but still think they are easy to fix except if so badly rusted than need to replace.

How much ?... If does have a really nice interior maybe $4K or $5K. From pic looks nice quarters, and just would need front valence, SE emblem on hood and another extra trim around
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Harlow

I think I'm going to pass on it. I'd like one that could be easily made into a driver. I've already got a project '68 sport Satellite 383 commando and don't need another one. If any Colorado guys would interested, the auction starts at 11 this morning.

Nacho-RT74

I would love mine was on that conditions when I got ;)
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger1973

Did the SE ever come with those rubber bumper guards?  I thought the SEs all had the chrome ones.  The standard mirror looks out of place on an SE to me too, could that be factory?   I know the hood has been changed or at least has the ornament removed so its not all original..  :shruggy: 

konigcharger

Quote from: Charger1973 on March 24, 2007, 11:48:17 AM
Did the SE ever come with those rubber bumper guards? I thought the SEs all had the chrome ones. The standard mirror looks out of place on an SE to me too, could that be factory? I know the hood has been changed or at least has the ornament removed so its not all original.. :shruggy:

those are 74 bumper guards

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

jasonfromIKILLYA

yeah, that's not a SE hood either.  no hood emblem.  and it's missing pieces of chrome around the top.

I would check the springs for the settling in the back. 

I think $3000 is a little high though. 
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Charger1973

73 used 2 different styles, all rubber and chrome/rubber.  I have just never seen the all rubber ones on an SE before... 

BMOTOXSTAR

I had a 73' SE survivor BB car, It had the optional  chrome package which some SE's did not have the extra chrome package, just standard chrome package. The standard came with all black bumper guards, as did some Rallys. :yesnod:
An SE would have to have the SE hood with the chrome ornament insert. That car may have had front end damage, hood,valance?
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT