News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I hit a deer with my Charger today!!!!!

Started by RECHRGD, September 05, 2005, 08:13:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cudaken

Fawn's must be softer than full grown deer. ;D

Hit one with my 70 Cuda, I was doing 50 MPH when I saw it, slamed on the brakes but still hit it. I stopped and looked at the right front fender. Found some fur stock around the head light and that was it? ;D I was shocked and lucky as well.

My daughter 91 Daytona did not fair as well. Took out the fender and door, $1800.00 worth of damaged. When she got home, she said "dad, a deer hit me", told her no, you hit a deer and went back to sleep. Next day when I looked at the Daytona she was right. Deer impact was at the wheel opeing and back, not from the front?

Glad you where lucky as well.

Cuda Ken                   
I am back

67_Dodge_Charger

I don't have any pics but there was run in between a motorcycle and a farmers hog.  The hog died (guts were spilling out).  The motorcycle had little damage except for the bent handle bar wrapped around the gas tank.  The motorcyclist was airlifted to the hospital.  No report on status or article listed in the local newspaper. 

:o

az69rtcharger

Glad to hear your ok I found this picture of a Dodge Durango. Look what can happen

blackcharger

Quote from: Badbob on September 05, 2005, 09:23:48 PM
Wouldn't want to do that on my Harley.

I did that on my 750 Yamaha comming home from work at 2am. I actually hit a cow!And luckily i wasn't going that fast, because I was comming to a spot where this guys cows were always getting loose. But they were about a 1/4 mile closer than usuall. The bike stopped, and for a moment I was SUPERMAN! Dusted myself off, and rode home. Pulled a chuck of cow out of the fender the next morning.
I think you were lucky NOT to hit your brakes. I think it was last year, MCG did a story on a Barracuda a guy TRIED to avoid hiiting a deer with. Ended up rolling the car, catching fire. Car was total lose, but luckily the two guys in the car were only bruised.
   Dave