News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar inspired Toyota

Started by SirNik73, March 30, 2007, 07:33:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SirNik73

ok.... when i first got my charger i wanted a 4 speed with a pistol grip sifter.... i got the 4 speed, but nothign else to do the conversion from auto to manual. so since i live in an apartment and have little to no access to my chager day to day. i made this for my toyota!

i made the shifter out of an old shifter i had and some 1/2 inch steel bar. then with some welding, a lot of grinding and sanding some paint and some colt 45 pistol grips... well you see the pics.

what do you guys think... i know i'm a nerd.

(sorry for the low quality camera phone pics)
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

LargerCharger383

lol, whatever floats ur boat man, looks cool except for the toyota surrounding it! j/k they run forever, I know.  fun stuff!  ;D

bull

SirNik73

Quote from: LargerCharger383 on March 30, 2007, 11:35:01 PM
lol, whatever floats ur boat man, looks cool except for the toyota surrounding it! j/k they run forever, I know. fun stuff! ;D

hey you gotta get to work some how! might as well have fun while doing it
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

Charger1973

I like it.  Im thinking of doing one also for my 79 Blazer, but I like the T-handle it has now so I havent decided yet. 

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Mopar440+6

Quote from: Silver R/T on March 31, 2007, 11:53:19 AMthat dont belong in toyota

Silver, why don't you go crawl back into your cave? Have you NO respect for anyone? Granted a true pistol grip shifter is a classic Mopar trademark but I been fabricating custom parts for years and custom work takes time, talent and imagination which you apparently lack. Thus, the only way you can feel better about yourself is to criticize what others have put their time and effort into. If you can't respect the time it took to make that shifter you don't belong on this forum. You seriously need to learn some manners, respect and possibly take a good English class...

SirNik, Nice work, I'm liking the actual pistol grips... :thumbs:
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Arthu®

:iagree: It's a cool shifter and you got some talent that you fabricated that yourself.

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

JR

Wow, it would take me forever to make that. No matter what it's in, that still takes talent to fab up stuff like that. Awesome! :yesnod:

I doubt silver will reply here, he seems to make a quick one liner about every topic just to bump his post count  and leaves...
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Charger1973

:iagree:

It does take alot of work to make something like that.  I dont really care for Toyotas myself, but who cares, its nice work. 

SirNik73

Thanks for the complemtns. The way i see it is it was fun to make, makes the car more fun to drive, and it gave me some practace on making custom parts. i'd mutch rather screw something up on that tercel, that i got for $80.00, then on my charger which means more to me then money.

thanks agian, the next "in apartment" project i'm hoping to finish it the gauges for the charger. they have been here a while, but i've ben taking my time on them.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD