News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

removing heater box assembly

Started by charger2fast4u, April 12, 2008, 09:48:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger2fast4u

i'm taking out my dash in my 68 charger i was wonderin if you could remove the whole heater box assembly and all accesories with it and have everything else still work or does certain things run off of it? i seen vacuum lines running off of the one part didn't know if these were hooked up to the headlight doors or where?

Ghoste

Nope, it's a self contained unit.

charger2fast4u

thanks for the information do they sell any block off plates for the firewall if you remove the heater assembly?

Ghoste

You could make them up easily enough with plastic plugs.  I don't know of any aftermarket ones specified for only that purpose. 

charger2fast4u

the 2 heater hoses that run off the water pump can just be taken out and pluged at the pump right? where do i get the plastic plugs at? do they have a kit that has all block off plates in it?

Ghoste

Yes, they can be plugged at the pump or even run a short hose from inlet to outlet (looks sloppy though)  As for the firewall plugs, you'd have to look for an autobody supply store or someplace maybe?  They make firewall sealing kits for painting that you can get from the resto houses but I don't know if they'd ahve the size you need or not.  The plugs I am thining of are used fairly widely in these old cars so you should be able to turn something up.

Chatt69chgr

You might check an electrical supply house like Graybar or the like for the snap-in steel hole fillers used on electrical boxes.  I think they come in several sizes.  Might want to use a little seam sealer or silicone seal with them to keep out engine compartment fumes.