News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Interior Black Paint Code

Started by Shakey, March 16, 2007, 03:44:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shakey

I'd like to get the local auto paint supplier to mix me the proper shade of black so I can paint the dashboard of my '69 Charger.

Does anyone here happen to have the paint code?

Any information you could provide would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance.

mikepmcs

Maybe this will help a little?
Got it off Chris' site
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Shakey

Thanks for this Mike.

I've contacted the local Car Quest (they've mixed F6 for me in the past) but they can't seem to help.

I've given them the code # 9324 but they are not having any luck coming up with a recipe.

I'll try a few more places next week.

Thanks again.   :cheers:

mikepmcs

Here is something else I found too and it was on this site. http://www.dodgecharger.org/html/paint_codes.html.   Maybe you could contact them and find out more info??
Dang right I'll have a beer with you. :cheers:

VAC38X9(this just said chrysler above it) maybe it's some secret code. :icon_smile_cool:
Satin Black

One more thing. Is any of your panel still showing the original paint.  Car quest has that funky camera that they take 3 pics in different places on the car or dash in this case  and it comes up with the correct mixture.

I know you've most likely thought of all this stuff but i'm throwing anything I can think of out there.

Good luck to you.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bull

Are you trying Ditzler or PPG? I don't know if it matters but I think the interior paints were Ditzler.

K9COP

Interior colours are as follows for black..

Jewel Black in a 0deg gloss, paint number (Ditzler) 9300, (DuPont) 88 L
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)