News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 cam and pistons

Started by 68MoparCharger, March 31, 2007, 12:26:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

68MoparCharger

440 stock crank and connecting rods, stock bores. 770 cfm holley vacum secondaries.  Mopar M1 intake.  84cc edelbrock heads.  1 3/4 tti headers, 3" exhaust with flowmaster mufflers and side exhaust.  has MSD 7AL-2 and pro billet distributor with ultra 40 wires.  No power brakes.  727 automatic with manual valve body, and stock converter.  Dana 60 with 3:73 gears and detroit locker.  Stock weight.  Question:  which pistons should I get to run on 91 octane - is that around 10.5:1 compression? I don't know. And what camshaft should I get?  Would prefer hydraulic of some kind, so there isn't much maintenance that needs to be done.  Rough/Very Rough idle is expected/fine.  Would like to make 500+ hp (is that attainable?).  Thanks, vince.
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire!" - Metallica

jg68

Quote from: 68MoparCharger on March 31, 2007, 12:26:08 AM
440 stock crank and connecting rods, stock bores. 770 cfm holley vacum secondaries.  Mopar M1 intake.  84cc edelbrock heads.  1 3/4 tti headers, 3" exhaust with flowmaster mufflers and side exhaust.  has MSD 7AL-2 and pro billet distributor with ultra 40 wires.  No power brakes.  727 automatic with manual valve body, and stock converter.  Dana 60 with 3:73 gears and detroit locker.  Stock weight.  Question:  which pistons should I get to run on 91 octane - is that around 10.5:1 compression? I don't know. And what camshaft should I get?  Would prefer hydraulic of some kind, so there isn't much maintenance that needs to be done.  Rough/Very Rough idle is expected/fine.  Would like to make 500+ hp (is that attainable?).  Thanks, vince.

I would say the 2355 TRWs or like a ross or diamond FTs, with those eddys i think the XE285HL would be good.

myk

Lotta' nice pieces there, but lose the Flowmasters though-they do anything but flow like they're supposed to...
"imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/mB3ii4B"><a href="//imgur.com/a/mB3ii4B"></a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js"

68MoparCharger

Chryco Psycho

Check Engle [www.englecams.com] the K60 or K 62 is what I would be looking at

Challenger340

Are the EDDY's ported ?
Pretty much stock , "outa the box"  ?

I'm thinking of a hydraulic grind cam,
but,
I have to ask, because, I'm finding the lower lift numbers, VERY important on the EDDY's,( Bowl Volume vrs Runner Volume), even on the Hydraulic cams.

10.5 CR would be nice on pump fuel.
Only wimps wear Bowties !

68MoparCharger

firefighter3931

The speedpro 2355 6-pack replacement pistons are what you need. Those slugs are a press fit pin just like the stock pistons and will work fine on your factory rods. I would suggest that you have it balanced and use ARP rod bolts before re-assembly. The rods should also be reconditioned as well.  :yesnod:

The stock converter will limit your cam choices. Don't use anything with more than 225*@.050 or you will be disappointed.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

jg68

Quote from: 68MoparCharger on March 31, 2007, 12:26:08 AM

Vince, i would change a couple of things, ditch the stock converter, get you a nice 9.5" job with a "flash" stall that will work with your peak torque along with the rest of the combo, weight, gears, carb, head flow, cam ect., also, in all honesty, i would use the perf. RPM over the M1 :icon_smile_wink: :D