News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Someone REALLY needs to start re-producing these

Started by TruckDriver, March 12, 2007, 09:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

MODS.... I posted this as a conversation, not as a ebay ad. Please give this a few days.

I posted this on the Third generation Charger site. And in the time it took me to post it there, it went from a little over $600 to over $2,500.. That $1,000 more than I paid for my complete Arizona car 2 years ago and there still is 6 days to go yet!  :o  Sure, it is a complete setup and hood, but holy moly :rotz: And some people wonder why I been thinking about leaving the car hobby totally ::) Are the prices making anyone else on a limited budget thinking about selling off your cars and getting out of the hobby? I can completely redo the body on my '93 Dakota for less then what the hood is at.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160095051364&fromMakeTrack=true

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

The parts prices are frustrating me too.  The market seems to have slowed somewhat on complete cars but it sounds like parts are doing a catch up now.

69charger2002

i'm not even a 3rd gen guy and i've always thought there would be money to be had repopping that hood. there were only a few made from the factory and ever since i got into chargers they have always gone over $1000 bucks.  blows my mind. but i'll never sell my collection because of prices. once i get mine the way i want i don't care if they all drop to being worth $500 restored or $55000 restored, i will keep mine
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on March 12, 2007, 09:39:21 AM
Are the prices making anyone else on a limited budget thinking about selling off your cars and getting out of the hobby?
Nope. It'll just take me a little longer, maybe.
The upside to the price increases as of late, is that some stuff is finally being repopped that may have not otherwise have been available. The downside to the 3rd gen guys is that it'll probably still take longer than many are willing to wait to get decent repopped stuff.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TruckDriver

:o :o :o :o :o $3,300. since it was listed this morning!!!! :o :o :o :o :o

I sure hope the guys at Goodmark are seeing that one! :yesnod:

Probably not tho :-\
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

The70RT

I agree the parts are priced outta this world. I seen it coming and wanted to start an auto salvage30 years ago. Lots of these parts were treated like they would be around forever or would be worthless someday. It is all about who wants it more than the other guy. eBay sets the market. If you had a few of these you would be happier than hell to sell them...I would.  Where else you gonna find it?...........sadly just as we all know........nowhere except eBay most the time.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

The Ghoul

Extremely rare, sought after part fetches high price...
That's just how it goes dude, sorry.
Just imagine if some one had a center counsel voice recorder for sale!

Aim lower man, Cant find a good price on an air grabber hood find your self a nice power bulge, cant find a good price on a power bulge get a flat hood and a decent looking fiberglass graft on, cant find that then get a car where parts are readily available and cheap; Feiro, omni, and festeva come to mind.
If you want to play you gotta pay, just that easy.

I would however like to see them re-popped.
Id pay $1000 for a fiberglass one.
I cant, though, justify the $1500+ a metal re-pop would fetch. 

Chargerfanatic

I have come to the point of not caring whether I have those expensive peices. I will never have that kind of budget and will not go into to debt for a hobby. I wait and buy parts I think are a fair price and have modest wants. With that philoshopy, I have a pretty descent looking car, IMO.

87 Shelby GLHS

Skyview69

Damn...and I sold my 71 hood for only $2300  :'(

twilt

Wont ever happen. Same old story, Not enough demand. Even if someone could and did repro the bare hood for $1000...It will set you back another $1500 or more for the rest of the components to complete the set-up. I dont believe for a minute that there are hundreds of people out there ready to lay down those kind of $$ for repro hood.  Just because there are 3-4 people willing to pay big bucks for an original one, when one shows up on ebay,..that in itself really does not validate a viable market for a reproduction.  :Twocents:

Bandit72

Quote from: twilt on March 13, 2007, 09:29:01 PM
Wont ever happen. Same old story, Not enough demand. Even if someone could and did repro the bare hood for $1000...It will set you back another $1500 or more for the rest of the components to complete the set-up. I dont believe for a minute that there are hundreds of people out there ready to lay down those kind of $$ for repro hood.  Just because there are 3-4 people willing to pay big bucks for an original one, when one shows up on ebay,..that in itself really does not validate a viable market for a reproduction.  :Twocents:

it's like my dad always told me when we would go to farm auctions when i was younger, "it only takes one more person wanting it to drive the price sky high"
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Ghoste

Quote from: twilt on March 13, 2007, 09:29:01 PM...Just because there are 3-4 people willing to pay big bucks for an original one, when one shows up on ebay,..that in itself really does not validate a viable market for a reproduction. 

It does to the people who hold alledged sales at auctions as accurate indicators of general value.  :devil: