News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a pretty good scare tuesday night...

Started by Arthu®, March 01, 2007, 03:46:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthu®

I had some uhmm emotional problems tuesday night, so I sneaked out of the house and took the car to clear my head... Took the plates off got on the highway and at 3 AM the country is mine, but I learned something, I overestimated my driving skills. I took an on/off ramp from one highway onto another it was a very wide curve and I hit a patch of water or something at least it was slippery my rear broke out I saw the guardrail coming and I freaked (I know rooky mistake) I over correct swung the other way did that 3 times in the curve and I did a 180 degree turn. Amazingly enough I didn't hit anything, the car is fine. I had the car break out on me a couple of times but I never freaked before and could correct it very easily, maybe I was travelling a bit too fast this time. Oh well I am just glad the car doesn't have any damage even though I don't understand how that is possible. Someone was looking over me that night, that's for sure.

Save the preaching about driving too fast is dangerous, I know it is and I accept full responsibility for the results of it. I do it in the middle of the night when there is nobody on the roads, there is no safer way to do it except for the track which is impossible in the country I live in. It is just the only way I can get my mind off things, it is just the feeling that you are above the rest of the world for at least an hour or so. You feel untouchable...

I did give me a pretty good scare though...

Arthur
Striving for world domination since 1986

Khyron

took the plates off and drove like a maniac?

you o.k. dude? sounds like a way to try to off yourself. I would go talk to someone soon before that little something looking over your shoulder turns away.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not busting your stones or picking on you, but doing that, then posting in an open forum is a cry for help where I come from. I would suggest some professional help.

seriously.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Paul G

I hope you took care of what was ailing you. Good thing no one was hurt and no damage done. They say what doesnt kill you makes you stronger. I believe that. I hope you are now stronger and a little wiser. Next time, if there is a next time, that angel who was on your shoulder may be busy somewhere else. Keep that in the back of your mind.

1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Arthur on March 01, 2007, 03:46:44 PM
Took the plates off
Lisence plates? Was that just in case there WAS actually someone out on the roads, so they would have not gotten your plate number after you ran them into a ditch? :icon_smile_tongue:

Glad you didn't kill anyone, yourself included.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Arthu®

It was not really a cry for help, I took care of what the problem was, I do know that someday that something looking over my shoulder will most likely be gone. Let's just say that I did get a little wizer. I am sure I am not the only one who has done something stupid when they were younger...

Arthur

Arthu®

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on March 01, 2007, 04:11:53 PM
Quote from: Arthur on March 01, 2007, 03:46:44 PM
Took the plates off
Lisence plates? Was that just in case there WAS actually someone out on the roads, so they would have not gotten your plate number after you ran them into a ditch? :icon_smile_tongue:

Glad you didn't kill anyone, yourself included.

Nobody ever saw me speeding that night, I will always slow down when there are other cars even on the 4 lane highways. I carry the plates with me they are just off for all the electronic speeding cams we have here. Tickets for not or carrying an unreadeable plate is only 45 euro per side... Cheaper than being caught speeding...

Arthur

ck1

There are more safer ways and legal ways to clear your head, and it doesn't take much thought except you have to think what is the right way and not the wrong way and we all know deep down inside if we take time to think it through which way is right way.  I did the almost same thing you did when I was 21  and was in a friends camro and sliding sideways into stationwagon at a stop sign doing ruffly 105 Miles and hour slamming on the brakes, no one got hurt but I ended up paying for the damage to my friends car......
here is an idea if you live near the ocean and have never done it.  Rent a surfboard and wet suit try surfing in at least 1 to 3 foot swells, that should be safe enough, i guaranty your head will be be clear except the power of the ocean and staying alive ^-^ oh and it helps to have some one with you that has suffert before :yesnod:
CJK

Paul G

Yes we have all done stupid things. Most of us learned from them. Thats why we are still here. 
1972 Charger Topper Special, 360ci, 46RH OD trans, 8 3/4 sure grip with 3.91 gear, 14.93@92 mph.
1973 Charger Rallye, 4 speed, muscle rat. Whatever engine right now?

Mopars Unlimited of Arizona

http://www.moparsaz.com/#

69-DodgeCharger

Quote from: Arthur on March 01, 2007, 04:15:32 PM

Nobody ever saw me speeding that night, I will always slow down when there are other cars even on the 4 lane highways. I carry the plates with me they are just off for all the electronic speeding cams we have here. Tickets for not or carrying an unreadeable plate is only 45 euro per side... Cheaper than being caught speeding...

Arthur

Nice, I like it---except for almost crashing but yeah there was someone there helpin you out just in case

HITMAN 149

never drive faster than your guardian angels :angel: can fly!!!!!!!!!!  :icon_smile_blackeye:
:police:!!!!!!!!  and i don't condone the plate thing!!! not that i'm an angel myself...... ::)
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

Brock Samson

BMOTOXSTAR

Dude,
   You need to buy a Motocross bike aand take your aggression out on the track. There is nothing better to clear your head when you are stressed or depressed than whipping your bike over a 80 FT double in 4th gear pinned. It is more of an adrenaline rush than speeding in a car,plus it is legal and no one else gets hurt.
Motocross is huge in Europe, that is where it came from. There has got to be a track by you somewhere.
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722