News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

1974 Charger SE

Started by Harlow, February 24, 2007, 12:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

I found a 1974 charger SE, matching numbers engine, 400, column auto, transmission needs to be rebuilt, doesn't run it needs spark plugs and wires. body looks decent, I've only seen pictures of it, and the pictures are pretty bad. From this vague description what would be a good price for this car? I've always wanted a charger and this seems like a pretty good deal, but I'm not sure. I just got my '68 sport satellite this December. Do you think I should just finish up the satellite and then buy a charger or should I jump on this one? The reason I ask is I'm on a limited budget so if I've got two cars its going to be tough.

69CoronetRT

Quote from: Harlow on February 24, 2007, 12:55:24 PM
Do you think I should just finish up the satellite and then buy a charger or should I jump on this one? The reason I ask is I'm on a limited budget so if I've got two cars its going to be tough.

Put the money toward the Satellite. More than one project has been abandonded due to lack of focus and dedication of money.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Charger1973

73 and 74 SE are usually the most common Chargers to find.  It has a 400 motor, that is one plus.  You cant really put a price on a car like that with no pictures or options though.  Some things to look for that will add to the value would be, a bulge hood, dual exhaust rear valance, bucket seats, sunroof, power windows.  One good thing about the SE cars is that most of them were well optioned and all come with the rallye gauge cluster. 

If its in decent shape and reasonably priced though, a motor/tranny is no big deal.  If you think you can get to it before it rots into the ground, I say pick it up.  They arent getting any cheaper thats for sure. 

road/track

Put the money toward the Satellite. More than one project has been abandonded due to lack of focus and dedication of money.

:iagree:
-1971 Charger SE U-code 4spd track pack, one of 29...
-1971 Charger R/T 440 6 pack auto
-1961 Chrysler 300G CV, one of 337
-2014 BMW 435i M-sport

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

TruckDriver

Quote from: road/track on February 24, 2007, 04:23:42 PM

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P