News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat Cushion/Inserts

Started by yellocharge68, September 12, 2006, 08:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yellocharge68

My interior is a little worn, but not too bad. I was wondering if anyone here knows or would reccomend that I just change the interior cushion part of the seat,and re-use the upholstery material? I haven't seen any thing about just replacing the sponge part of the seats...but welcome any recommendations or advice. Thanks!!
Sunfire Yellow 1968 Dodge Charger 383/727 auto-console

4402tuff4u

If you are going to change the foam cushions, change the skins too! You will have the seats out anyway, you'll be half way there. My opinion of course  :icon_smile_big:
"Mother should I trust the government?........... Pink Floyd "Mother"

yellocharge68

I kinda figured that would be the advice....I am tempted to get some of the "customed" seat covers from legendary any way.  Mine art the very basic Black with Black in the inserts...Thanks for the input, I assure it is appreciated.
Sunfire Yellow 1968 Dodge Charger 383/727 auto-console

c5_nc

If your doing it yourself and are happy with the seat covers just put them back.  I've seen others post here about paying ~$500 or so for replacing them at a shop, only a fraction of that cost around.  Buy anyways if I was paying that much in labor I would replace covers also.

resq302

Yellowcharge,

I sent you a PM about a friend of mine that is in the Mopar hobby as well and is an upholster by trade.  He was out at Carlisle this year and started making his own custom seat covers as well as custom door panels.  Feel free to check his web page out.

http://www.onlineupholsteryandmore.com/
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

my69

Resq302,

Where are Chris and Rachel from?
I just went to there sight and couldn't find out where they're from (didn't think I should email just to ask?) :ahum:

resq302

They are located in N. Collins, NY but they ship all over.  Chris is a true Mopar guy and is a huge asset to the hobby.  Rachel is an exceptional artist.  You should have seen the guitar that she painted / airbrushed that Chris and his band raffled off!  Stellar work! 
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

jmanscharger

There stuff looks ok, great prices, any good or bad experiences?
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

HITMAN 149

i haven't dealt with them yet...but resq swears by them!!! they have stuff on ebay too, that's where i saw them from. i'm gonna call him soon, see if he can make me  front & rear door panels and black w/ gray pleats seat covers..maybe w/ a custom  logo at the top of the seat?!??! he had a cool set for a dart on ebay , with a chrysler star stiched into the middle of the back seats...looked cool!!!!!  :yesnod:
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/