News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

State by State Mopar Chapters

Started by ACUDANUT, February 21, 2007, 12:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ACUDANUT

Is there a way we can have State by State Chapters here ?.  I would be nice to know who is close to you, and who you can call up to come help you pull a engine, drink beer, or do burn-outs with. Thanks

GTX

Club here is Mopars of Utah.  D72hemi, charger_fan and myself are members though I rarely have the time to do anything club related.

Heck2G14

that would be nice if each state got its own topic/thread how about it admin?im in for Iowa

Judhudson

I'd think it be cool to have a Map feature so we all could put our pins on a map and keep in touch with those closeby.

GTX

There would be cobwebs in the Utah thread I think. :-\

41husk

with over 3000 members those pins would be packed way to tight to even decipher I'm afraid.  They used to have that on here.  I bet thats why it is no longer here, at least that would be my guess.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Mean 318

Or just have a list of states, each member could go under their state and put their name and town. That way you dont have to deal with being too close.

Doright

It would be nice just to network localy for parts
Doright
A&P FCC 
I play with cars because Jets are way too serious to be fun any more
I have so many car projects that cars are beginning to be no fun any more

41husk

Don't most of us know who is within 100 miles of us?  I may miss a few but for the most part, the mopar faithfull are a pretty tight group.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

GTX

Due to politics and attitudes I think I know more guys outside the local club than in and I've seen several clubs come and go over the years.
As with most organizations there seems to be a vocal minority who try to sway things the way that they want it in the group and tend to look down on anyone who doesn't agree with them. We all know how militant the topic of full resto or like me, daring to put a blower on and stuffing 295\50's in the back can be.
These guys forget that we are supposed to all be there for the love of the brand.

I know some hard core Mopar guys who just don't really want to get into that thing so they stay away from that stuff. Some are also the old duffers who have been into Mopar for centuries and have some really cool stuff you just never see at a show or club meeting, especially hemi stuff. They don't have the time to deal with a club and are too low profile  to have their car in a show.
Also, in my experience many of the guys in the club are not nearly as helpful as you might like and frequently I can get parts cheaper elsewhere since they tend to act like they are holding onto gold bars rather than a bumper bracket. One local guy tried to hit me up for $250.00 for a core 727!
I've gotten much better prices on parts and much more help from guys outside the clubs.

This is almost a sub-club so to speak, an informal group of guys who are low key and just sort of do their own thing and are pretty near invisible except when you might see them on the street. I see them at the shows but they never enter a car and don't really want to be known.
These are the lone wolves of the hobby and you kind of have to search them out since many don't know about them. Many are also leary of clubs and if you tell them that you are in one they may pull back.

I've never had one club member over to my place but my other buddies and I talk semi frequently and help each other out. My tools are theirs..

74Charger

Hey GTX!  I will come over to your house. I would love to see your car in person!  Especially if it looks like the pic in your avatar! :icon_smile_big:

74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

BB1

The Mafia, membership has it's privileges.  ;D

We're a group of over 10 members.

Delete my profile

GTX

Quote from: 74Charger on February 21, 2007, 06:52:11 PM
Hey GTX!  I will come over to your house. I would love to see your car in person!  Especially if it looks like the pic in your avatar! :icon_smile_big:

Still basically looks the same except it's no longer plum and the blower was off for a while. Back on now but the carbs are in Winter storage.

RD

Quote from: BB1 on February 21, 2007, 08:24:55 PM
The Mafia, membership has it's privileges.  ;D

We're a group of over 10 members.

exactly... ask and ye shall receive.... but you first have to ask :D
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander