News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

full auto weapons permit

Started by mally69, February 11, 2007, 08:44:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mally69

i live in pennsylvania   do any of you guys know what i would need to do   or where to go to get a licence to own a full automatic firearm ??? ???       or   am i not allowed??

Charger Aficionado

You probably need to talk to Sublime69.  I don't know about your state's laws, but I do know that it is a Federal deal mainly, and that they are VERY costly, and prices are CLIMBING:
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=65737251

This is NORMALLY a $600 rifle:
http://gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.asp?Item=65700437

Vainglory, Esq.

Contact the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office.  They'll be able to point you in the right direction, and they might even have a specific office for gun-related issues.

MorePwr

moparguy01

contact the attorney general's office. Dont trust anything off of a website unless its that states official website.

MM1R/T

Don't bother talking to your state's Attorney General's office. Most of the time, they don't have a clue and it's easier to just say "You can't do that".

MG's are legal in PA. A little research will help you find a dealer in your area. Try contacting a silencer manufacturer or a large machine gun dealer that advertises in a magazine like Small Arms Review. They often will know and can recommend a dealer in your area.

There is no licence required to own a machine gun or a silencer. Machine guns are regulated by the Federal government by it's power to tax. To possess a machine gun you must pay the Federal $200 transfer tax and the gun will be registered to you.

One possible hang up that you may encounter is with the Chief Law Enforcement Officer "sign off".  On the form that you must fill out to possess the gun is a space for your local Sheriff or Chief of Police to certify that possession of said machine gun would not place you in violation of State or local law. There is no requirement for the CLEO to sign the form and some of them won't do it. A local MG dealer should be able to tell you if you will be able to get the sign off.

As mentioned before, MG's are spendy. Don't worry about it. They're not making any more that are transferrable to individuals. You will always get your money out of it if you decide to sell.

It's a lot of time, expense, and general BS to get a legal MG. It's totally worth it!

AKcharger

mally69

i already have  3 semi auto ak-47's i just thought it would be really cool lto own a full auto ak-47 and i knew there was alot involved with having a full auto weapon

kab69440

The last civilian I was in contact with that actually possesed a Class II BATF Tax Stamp and was legally able to buy and transfer machine guns was paying nearly $1200/year for the privilege.  That was near to 15 years back. I just don't need a machine gun that bad.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Shakey

Just go out and buy the weapon!   :yesnod:

I grew up with a motto that I heard on Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood when I was a kid:

It is better to beg for forgiveness than to ask for permission.   :yesnod:

MorePwr

Quote from: Shakey on February 12, 2007, 01:00:08 PM

I grew up with a motto that I heard on Mr. Rogers Neighbourhood when I was a kid:

Now there's some sound advice ::)

ACUDANUT

I have a 50 cal sniper rifle for sale. I posted it here in the in Garage Sale area.  This Rifle makes a nice squirrel gun. I really want a BMG M2. :devil:

BB1

Weapons... what weapons.... you saw nothing.  ::)
Delete my profile

kab69440

Quote from: Shakey on February 12, 2007, 01:00:08 PM

And considering  that you will be facing 30 years of Federal time for the mere posession of an automatic weapon, you better beg hard.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

mally69

well im thinking the money will be better invested in another charger
:icon_smile_big:

ACUDANUT

How about Charger with a 50 cal mounted on top?? Say, did anyone read the druge report. The Infidals over there in Iraq are buying Iran 50 Cals to snipe our Boys. :icon_smile_angry:

mally69

no big deal we will just get a bigger gun to shoot them down out of their 50 cal's range   68' charger with a dual BAR's mouted on the roof with the trunk full of ammo :icon_smile_big: