News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Got a new toy today........

Started by jaak, February 10, 2007, 10:14:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jaak

I have been wanting one of these for a long time, I hate drilling holes, and using a slide hammer. I am doing my body work now (slowly but surely) and I did do a little drilling on the rear valance to yank out some dents but I new that wouldn't work on my quarters, didn't want those bondo worms in my trunk, I have used one before but its been along time.

Jason

By the way this is a photo I got off the net, but mines similar.....

Silver R/T

definitely one of my favorite body work tools
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

skip68

I hate to sound dumb but what is it?   :shruggy:   Chuck......................
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

daytonalo

I hope it lasts longer than mine did , which wasn't very long . I used the shrink attachment often , and the head seized in place . I'm know going to buy a professional body shop unit for only 500 .

jordyjim

i must be dumb too, i am a proffesional painter dont know what that is? i use a slide hammer, tell me what that does?..jim

mikepmcs

It's a machine that you put these rivet like things in and the heat welds them to the car so they stick out.  Then you put a slide hammer on the rivet and can pull the dent out.  You then break them off and grind down the surface.  No holes in the metal and they also make some of the rivet like deals that are reusable.

I think there is a picture somewhere buried deep in the body paint section with a picture of someones fender with a bunch of the rivets on it ready to pull out.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

motorhead

Yeah I got one from harbor freight and my tip siezed as well. I got it on sale for $65.00 so it tough to bitch.The pro stud welder from eastwood is several hundred.Be careful on deep point dents ,the sides of the sheath that cover the tip will hit and make contact and burn an extra hole you'll have to weld in later.

mopar_madman

they are awesome love mine, got mine from autobody store.com makes life much easier when you can't get behind a dent.
1973 Dodge Charger
1968 Plymouth Road Runner
1971 Dodge Dart Swinger

Todd Wilson

They work real good but for a heavy tough pull drilling a hole and using a slide hammer is better because the studs you weld on are not strong enough and will pull out ripping out some metal with it.

Silver R/T

wow shit man, last pic looks like a porcupine lmao....ha ha
On a serious note they sell special attachment with that so you can weld 5-6 of these and then you put this "claw" on them and you can attach it to frame pulling system and it;ll pop any heavy dent.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

bill440rt

jaak,
I bought that same gun of eBay several years ago. The gun worked pretty good, but the slide hammer that came with it is a POS. I ended up borrowing a slide hammer from a friend when it came time to use it.   :Twocents:
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

jaak

Quote from: bill440rt on February 11, 2007, 10:13:52 PM
jaak,
I bought that same gun of eBay several years ago. The gun worked pretty good, but the slide hammer that came with it is a POS. I ended up borrowing a slide hammer from a friend when it came time to use it. :Twocents:

Yeah I thought the slide hammer was sorta cheep looking, I may end up getting a better one later.

Jason