News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

isky cam work in a max wedge engine?

Started by jerry, February 07, 2007, 09:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jerry

have a friend looking for a decent cam for his 426 max wedge  for a little street and mostly strip use.i found a isky hyd 304 mega cam part#160134 .525 lift,304 duration,256@.050 and 108 lobe center. rpm range 3500-7500.would this be a good street strip cam?

firefighter3931

It'll work but there are better profiles out there. :yesnod:

With that grind, you would want a 3500+ stall and 4.10+ gears. The idle will be quite nasty, similar to the infamous MP 509 grind.  :P

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Chryco Psycho

that is more of a cheater cam with a LOT of duration & minimal lift , if the heads are cut for reatiner clearance I would choose4 a newer grind liek the 590 with 312 duration If you want that power band or drop the duration & still have 580 lift

Challenger340

Are these "stock" max-wedge castings ? and valve sizes ? Anything done to the heads ?
Only wimps wear Bowties !

jerry

if you are asking about friends car . i haven't ask about the originality of engine. all i know is that it sat in a guys basement for 38 yrs.there was also a pump driven fuel injection the guy said was for max wedge sitting next to engine complete.i am not into these cars so i don't know.