News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

High Gas $ Require Changes to my Restoration

Started by DC_1, September 01, 2005, 03:25:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DC_1

I think I may have to make some changes to my proposed Charger restoration. More of a "Mini Me" than a R/T clone as I originally planned!!!!

Charger Aficionado

Where's the 01???   heh...     

I bet we're all thinking about 318s now!   lol   heh...

They day when a #'s match '69 318 car fetches 40k is coming!!!  lol (j/k)...

DC_1

Hey.......at least it has only 2 doors !!!!!!!!!!!!

:punkrocka:

ChargerSG

Im glad that i have matchingnumber 318 in those days, today here they put up the gas 10% :rotz:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

cudaken

Sydmoe, pull that PIC before the Nazi's see it !   :icon_smile_big: God only know's what they will be cooking up next.

Cuda Ken

PS, LOL that was pretty good! ;)
I am back

Old Moparz

The high gas prices really suck, but the bright side is that most of these old gas pigs aren't daily drivers anymore. At least mine won't be when it's back together & on the road. It'll still have a high compression 440 that I wouldn't want to commute with. It's no different for me at $1.00/gallon or $5.00/gallon, it'll only come out once in a while.

Although I do wish my 4 cyl. Nissan pick up truck didn't rot away to dust.  ::)
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Charger_Fan

Yeah, maybe I should leave my 318 in mine. I could call it the 'gas mizer' resto. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Telvis

bull

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on September 01, 2005, 05:20:46 PM
Yeah, maybe I should leave my 318 in mine. I could call it the 'gas mizer' resto. :icon_smile_big:
Dude, the 318 I had in a Satellite was STRONG!  COOKED the tires..  Hard to believe some 383s wouldn't roast 'em.

Silver R/T

what a convenient car. lets say theres flood...you could always park it on the roof...
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

THE COLONEL

I also wanted a 440 in The Colonel, but I think my 318 does just fine now.  How are you guys in Atlanta coping.  I saw on Good Morning America that gas is up to $6 a gallon. :o :o :o
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

DC_1

2 Doors........Classic Charger Look.........Good on fuel..........I think I am on to something here!!!

This is what we need!!! Not the current version........If they can put a 3 cylinder HEMI in it sign me up for one!

BigBlockSam

MY DAILY DRIVER , A 94 V10 3500 RAM. sure was thirsty today.

$92.00 to fill her up. gonna start using the harley alittle more. Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hotrod98

My wife parked her Daytona Ram (13.9 mpg) and started driving the T/A again (25 mpg). She would much rather be driving the Daytona.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

70charginglizard

Quote from: Sydmoe on September 01, 2005, 08:31:50 PM

2 Doors........Classic Charger Look.........Good on fuel..........I think I am on to something here!!!

This is what we need!!! Not the current version........If they can put a 3 cylinder HEMI in it sign me up for one!

More than likely, this would be Creed's redesign for a 2 door version.
That guys has got to go!
70charginglizard

ChargerSG

I heard of a guy who put a 4 cylinder in a Challenger, no Hemi thou ;) but it is driveable and goes to speed but i should take awaile ;) But its sure cheap in gas, but wonder how it sounds? Anyone got a picture and some info on that car?
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

69_500

Gas prices are up but I just wonder how long they will stay up this high? I mean in reality they are about where they would have been had gas followed the same inflation rate that everything else has over the past 40 years. The problem is that for decades gas prices only changed a little and now they have "skyrocketed" up to where they would have been if they had gradually increased at say 4% a year.

73ChargerSE

Quote from: BigBlockSam on September 01, 2005, 10:32:18 PM
MY DAILY DRIVER , A 94 V10 3500 RAM. sure was thirsty today.

$92.00 to fill her up. gonna start using the harley alittle more. Rene

:scared: :scared: Wow, thats half of my paycheck.

Dodge Don

If you have to worry about the price of gas......you're in the wrong hobby. :-*