News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Moulded on Daytona nose vs gap with seal

Started by Lifsgrt, February 04, 2007, 10:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lifsgrt

I've seen a few Daytonas with the nose moulded on with plastic filler versus having a gap with a seal.  I stopped by a fellow's home in east Tennessee recently, and much to my surprise he had quite the winged car collection.  He had a Daytona in the corner he said his father drove home from Kentucky in 1970 with the nose installed in this manner.  What do you know about this?
Best time 11.07@121

hemigeno

Very common to see cars customized in this fashion back in the '70s.  The Race Daytonas were routinely modded up that way too, but it was not a factory/stock treatment.  It does give a much smoother look though, for sure.

THE CHARGER PUNK

i personnaly like the look of the smoothed over look :yesnod:

Ghoste

Strangely enough, I like the "cobbled" look of the gap with seal method.

daytonalo

I opted to have a gap but improved upon it . I closed the nose to fender gap down to 1/2 inch . Those factory seals were a mess , wavy and just horrible , even the factory agreed by improving them on superbird . I made my own seals from high density closed cell foam that has a latex skin on one side . The seal just kinda get worked in until flush with fender and nose . Larry