News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Polishing

Started by 6670charger, January 27, 2007, 08:59:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

6670charger

Anyone use a Dremel tool for polishing their wheels?  Any suggestions for a method?
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

Charger_Fan

Which flavor of rims?
I know there's a bunch of guys here who say Mother's Power Ball polishing wheel on a drill works great on aluminum, maybe stainless too. A dremel may work ok, but a larger polisher would cover more surface area & might not heat up the metal as much.
I guess give it a shot & see what happens. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blown70

Quote from: 6670charger on January 27, 2007, 08:59:59 AM
Anyone use a Dremel tool for polishing their wheels?  Any suggestions for a method?

That seems like a small tool for a BIG job to me?  I would using a buffing wheel or the like, Dremel for the small nooks and crannies.... but wow.... you have a lot time on your hands..... The wife/girlfriend kick you out?  :icon_smile_blackeye: ;D

Tom

jasonfromIKILLYA

or a fooose ball.  even though I know you guys hate that company.  :)  That, like the mothers ball, actually compresses very small for the tight spots.
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

41husk

I thought themothers power ball was awaste of money, I bought two sizes and took the one I had not used back!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

MorePwr

Quote from: 41husk on January 27, 2007, 08:09:11 PM
I thought themothers power ball was awaste of money, I bought two sizes and took the one I had not used back!

if they're not all scratched up or pitted "NEVER DULL" works real good for all aluminum surfaces.

http://housewares.hardwarestore.com/35-176-metal-polishes/never-dull-polish-225383.aspx

terrible one

Quote from: MorePwr on January 28, 2007, 08:38:18 PM
Quote from: 41husk on January 27, 2007, 08:09:11 PM

if they're not all scratched up or pitted "NEVER DULL" works real good for all aluminum surfaces.

http://housewares.hardwarestore.com/35-176-metal-polishes/never-dull-polish-225383.aspx

I agree! I used Nevr-Dull with just a rag and my hands on my aluminum slots and they came out great. They could still be better but my hands got tired!

bill440rt

If you have dull wheels or ones that are in need of polishing, the Power Ball works OK.
I will NEVER use it again on my Centerline Convo Pro II's. They are fluted around the rim & polished. I only wanted something to make polishing them easier, the Power Ball only added swirl marks to a already polished surface.  :flame: :RantExplode: :bawling:

I'm going back to the good ol' fashioned way, BY HAND!! I've used Simi-Chrome polish, works great! I also just picked up Griot's Garage Mag Wheel Polish. I've heard good things about it, but haven't tried it out yet.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

BigBlockSam

i use Nevr-Dull on the chrome of my motorcycles. that works great . Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img