News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

suber bee stripes on 1973 charger

Started by Icelandcharger, January 28, 2007, 03:47:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

make a clone

super bee
4 (50%)
rally coupe
4 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Voting closed: February 12, 2007, 03:47:08 PM

Icelandcharger

hi everyone i was thinking to change my fully restored 1973 charger se brougham yellow car to super bee clown i know the little back windoms are bigger in 1973 model and i have to bay a bulge hood and stripes is anything more i have to do or would this just be ugly on this car have anyone dun this before and have a pictures of the car would be better to make a rally coupe clone out off him  thanks for reading  sorry for bad english

RogerDodger

The side marker lights would be different. The Superbee (1971) marker lights are different than 72-74. The tail lights are also different for those years. Quarter panels are different. It depends how exact are you trying to match it. I have a 74 SE Brougham. I'm not worried about keeping it original. I just want it to look good.

41husk

i think it will look great, I am doing that with my 73, Sublime or sassy grass green.  I am leaning towards sublime but have not made my final decision.  Now the air grabber hood is at the acid dipper, when I go pick it up I will drop off my front vallance and fenders.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

hemihead

My 73 was sublime when I bought it. That's why I decided restify it.I've had 3 cars that color and can't bear it anymore.But if you are into green
you will get alot of thumbs up on that color.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Ghoste

I kind of like the rallye coupe stripes myself.  I don't see very many of them around here so that could be why.

Nacho-RT74

I vote for 73/74 Rallye clone. Will be less obvious is a clone unless you check the VIN. Super Bee wil be too obvious is not one, unless you don't care that.

An opinion I have about Superbees is beside performance options ( it was a cheaper R/T ) only great trim stuff I like and is unique is the hood insert, that in fact I like more than the louvered R/T one.

However WHAT I REALLY WOULD DO if your SE is already restored, then sell it and go for a Rallye than needs to be restored. 73 rallyes are not hard to find. In that way we will have another Charger on roads, and a next one soon.

Cloning a SE on to a Rallye will sacrifice two chargers... one SE and the Rallye you need to get the parts mounted on your actually one, since is not easy to find all parts already parted out. Is a lot easier get a complete Charger being parted out with those parts still available.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html