News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Any new info on the repro 68-69 grille trim end pieces?

Started by Dennis K, July 15, 2006, 10:16:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dennis K

I was just wondering if there has been any new news about the grille trim "C" pieces for the 68 and 69 Chargers that a few suppliers are supposedly working on. I have heard that Gunslinger and Metro are both working on them, and possibly Layson's as well, but I don't know anything for sure yet. I bought a pair of the long upper and lower trim pieces from Metro for my 68, and now I need the end pieces. Also, has anyone bought the plastic ones that Charger Specialties sells? Anyone know if the finish would match the Metro pieces? I'm not too thrilled about using plastic trim on my Charger, but if it's all that's going to be available for a while, I might have to.

69charger2002

gunslinger has finished them, they are sweet. he said they should be ready for sale by august/september.. that was back in april at a show. should be about $125-150 a pair if i remember right
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Dennis K

Thanks. That would be great. I wish he would update his website and let us all know what he's doing. He does great work. I don't know if he was in Shakopee in June. He was there last year, but if he was this year I didn't see him. Anyone know how Metro is doing with theirs?

Troy

Gunslinger was at Shakopee - way back in the far corner. I showed him how to update his site but the only thing that I can see new is the address/phone. I'll have to call and see what's up with that.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

my69

Troy!
You wouldn't know of gunslingers website? I been trying here and other places and I have no luck.

BrianShaughnessy

Jason's site is http://gunslinger727.com/    It hasn't been updated in ages.

There wasn't anything new to report since Etown.    Which was about the same as he said last year after he released the center I piece.    Basically "In a few months".   The test pieces he had at Etown looked great to me.  Looking forward to having a matched set.   
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

my69

Thanks brian for referring the website ;) I ended up doing ANOTHER search and did find the site :yesnod:
  I really didn't look to much though,  I have to find out more on the pricing at a later time.

::)

Troy

Ok, according to Gunslinger, the grill corner pieces just came in but there were 57 rejects which only left 18 good sets (most are already sold). This was the same thing that happened with the 69 'I' pieces and it took a couple of trial and error production runs to get the process fine tuned and corrected. I didn't get an ETA on the next shipment - sorry. He's having issues with files/permissions on the web site which is why it still isn't updated.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

8WHEELER

Charger Specialties sells the C-Pieces, but they are made out of plastic, and the chrome color is a bit
off from the others that sell the long pieces, but not by much. I don't think they are going to make
the long pieces, and there C-Pieces are about 3mo out, they are backed up, and the process is taking
them longer than Russ thought.

Has anybody used the plastic C-Pieces from Charger Specialties yet? I have a set on order, they look great.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

BrianShaughnessy

Ph8ck...  I didn't know I could have preordered them from Gunslinger  :P      Well... I'll be making a phone call later today.   He only mentioned the prices at Etown.

When the choice is between a nice polished metal piece from Gunslinger and some chromed plastic from Charger Specialties... you best believe I won't be buying plastic. 

BrianShaughnessy

:bump:

FYI... update as of this morning.

QuoteBrian, we are still working on the corners.    The the small first 2 advance shipments all have problems.   
They are reworking the tooling now.   It shouold be another 4 weeks.     Will advise when i get an acceptable part.     

Thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jason, THE GUNSLINGER MAN

Gunslinger727@earthlink.net

AirborneSilva

autodynamics

i had one of the first sets and they look real good i bought the center i piece and ends from them and used the stainless strips for my 69 the polish is off a bit but unless your a concourse person these pieces are fine mine look real good

autodynamics

BrianShaughnessy

Back from the dead... again.

Asked Jason for another update... sounds like soon.

QuoteBrian, they are in production now.    Should be about  end of Feb before i have some in stock.    They were supposed to be ready for Carlisle last year, and they were, but i did not like the way they fit.   They gave me sample after sample after sample after sample before i liked the fit.    Had to redo the tooling several times before i was satisfied.    The last samples i received Jan 15 were good.   It took a long time, but they finally got them right.    For the I Beam, it took 5 different companies and 6 years for me to get a good sample.    So i guess that 15 months for the corners is good time.    Both the grill I beam, and the corners are very difficult parts to make.   They have a lot of complex curves.     If i knew what i was getting into in the beginning, i would not of started with these parts.    I would of chose other parts to do.   

Thanks>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Jason, THE GUNSLINGER MAN
A Cool Shifter with the Slick Grip