News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How much does a charger cost these days?

Started by MikeMacCham, January 28, 2007, 01:20:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dodge Don

Quote from: hemihead on January 28, 2007, 06:18:08 AM
Hope you have a thick wallet and a big bank account.Mopars USED to be one of the more affordable cars to get but since the greedy money people got into them the average guy is being pushed out.You would be better off with Ford fever.  :yesnod:

Who said an "average guy" deserves a Mopar  :-*

CHASWINGMAN2

A weeks worth of groceries in my house $220.00

Having 2 trees removed $775.00

A Dodge Charger  "Priceless"
Charger nut first, parts maker/seller second.<br />Selling top quality Mopar Restoration parts, most are licensed.  Email me for more information.<br />Working on the web site, be patient.<br />68 383 SILVER CHARGER<br />69 318 SILVER CHARGER C5X GUTS<br />69 383 4SP ROAD RUNNER<br />72 DART SWINGER, HEMI ORANGE<br />73 DART SWINGER, WHITE/BLACK<br />93 RAMCHARGER CANYON SPORT<br />99 RAM 3500<br />72 DART PROJECT<br />ETC.

mikepmcs

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 29, 2007, 05:19:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190077096852&fromMakeTrack=true

Here it is on ebay.  2 days left.

Something ain't right with that ad, and it was ended today as well.  Also the craig list one is no longer available either.  That car was way too cheap if you ask me for what it was.

my .02

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

CHASWINGMAN2

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 30, 2007, 08:52:41 AM
Quote from: PocketThunder on January 29, 2007, 05:19:53 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=190077096852&fromMakeTrack=true

Here it is on ebay.  2 days left.

Something ain't right with that ad, and it was ended today as well.  Also the craig list one is no longer available either.  That car was way too cheap if you ask me for what it was.

my .02

I'm sure that someone called the guy up and they made a deal.  He cancelled the auction to avoid ebay fees.  I have had no less than 8 people call on my car since Saturday wanting me to end the auction.  I tell them to come look at the car, if they don't, the auction stands.  He probably had someone call and agreed on a price, so he cancells the auction, the bad part is, you wonder if the guy will even buy the car.  Would not be surprised if you see the car show up again in a few days.  A lot of sellers don't realize what kind of idiots ebay attracts (myself included).  It cracks me up when someone calls and says "I want the car" and never ask a single question about it.  Granted, my auctions are usually long winded and provide a lot of information, but there is no way you can describe every detail in an auction text.   When they tell me they want the car, I say, O.K., come and look at it, and  you know what, sometimes they do.  I've learned never to put a "Buy it now" on a car, simply because some 13 year old kid can hit the magic button, and of course he doen't buy it, so you re-list it and then have to explain to the world of buyers why it's back on.  My friends call it a "tainted car"  Meaning something must be seriously wrong with it for the buyer to back out. 
   Of course I've seen lots of sellers lie like thieves, hoping some novice gets suckerd in, which happens all the time. 

I really hope he sold the car to a good buyer, I read the auction and looked at the pics, I think the auction was straight up, it actually got up to $12k before he ended it.

Just my opinion

v/r
Mike
Charger nut first, parts maker/seller second.<br />Selling top quality Mopar Restoration parts, most are licensed.  Email me for more information.<br />Working on the web site, be patient.<br />68 383 SILVER CHARGER<br />69 318 SILVER CHARGER C5X GUTS<br />69 383 4SP ROAD RUNNER<br />72 DART SWINGER, HEMI ORANGE<br />73 DART SWINGER, WHITE/BLACK<br />93 RAMCHARGER CANYON SPORT<br />99 RAM 3500<br />72 DART PROJECT<br />ETC.

old man

There are so many variables to this question. What year do you like, do you want a show queen or a nice driver? I agree with the post of buy the closest to being restored car as you can afford. If you want a show queen then your price will be very high due to the quality. If you want a decent driver then you can pick and chose. Buy a car and put in it what kind of motor you want. Paint it what ever color you want, make it the car of your dreams. If it's a nice driver then who cares if you put R/T stripes on it. I put them together how I would want them not exactly how the buildsheet says the car was from factory. That is unless you find a rare Hemi car or 440 six pack car. Then that car deserves the best and should be honored with a correct factory restoration. What does one cost? As little as a grand for a rust bucket or 200 grand for a ultra rare hemi. Don't let the upper prices scare you. You will find what you want just take some time and look around. But when you find what you want and the price is right BUY IT. If not someone else will and it will be gone. We all have regrets of cars we let get away thinking I'll get back to them tomorrow.
70 Challenger T/A, 66 Charger 440, 73 Duster 340,79 Little Red Express

mikepmcs

Quote from: ChargerXP on January 29, 2007, 01:45:18 PM
Since we're on the topic, what do you all think mine would be worth?  I paid 11K for it in December 1998 in the shape you see here.  I had it appraised in February 1999 and the guy said it was probably worth between 18-23K.  However, I know the prices have gone up since then.  It is a numbers-matching 383 Magnum, 727 car.  Options: 8 3/4 Sure-Grip rear end, bucket seats, PS, console, original Magnum 500s, original spare with Goodyear Polyglas tire, original vinyl top, all original upholstery except part of the driver's seat.  The under carriage is nice but not 100%.  72,000 miles on it currently.  I also have the orignal window sticker, build sheet, owner's manual.  It was purchased from the original owner. 

ChargerXP
I'd say in the 30+ range
my.02
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Shakey

Quote from: Dodge Don on January 29, 2007, 10:26:42 PM
Quote from: hemihead on January 28, 2007, 06:18:08 AM
Hope you have a thick wallet and a big bank account.Mopars USED to be one of the more affordable cars to get but since the greedy money people got into them the average guy is being pushed out.You would be better off with Ford fever.  :yesnod:

Who said an "average guy" deserves a Mopar  :-*

:haha:

CB

10-12K is my guess if you're looking at a driver, 2nd gen, small block. ... that needs everything redone... (tired engine, beaten up interior, sloppy steering/suspension, rust issues, name it)
My 2 cents.
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

41husk

Don't get in a big hurry, as stated before in this thread, there are still deals to be had, they are just getting harder and harder to find.  Good luck with your quest.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

MikeMacCham

"YOU MEAN SHINANIGANS!?"