News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Stang front metal Blasphemy topic;)

Started by ChargerSG, February 04, 2007, 08:01:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerSG

Ok i knowthis blasphemy ;D, but since i no allmost nothing about Mustangs i will ask anyway if some know if frontfenders, hood, and grill from a 69 Mustang will fit on a 70 Mustang? I ask this since my lady is a Mustangfan(i have tryed to convice her to buy a Demon or a Demonclone but no) so since she wants a fastback so bad and the money for buying one isent there this wierd ides comes up(ok i promised to help her in an weak moment :icon_smile_big:)) and since 70 fastbacks are cheap but lock like s... in the front, and she stumpled on a wrecked 70 fastback(in the front) so now im in a situation :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

mikepmcs

I'm gonna say no way on the mustang change. Front ends are different from 69-70.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ChargerSG

I have just comperd pictures, looks like the wheels are in the same place thou....

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ChargerSG

Old Moparz

I have a friend who's into Mustangs I can ask if you can't find out, but from what I recall, I'd say the parts themselves won't interchange unless you swap the entire nose. The hood & bumper may be the same for both years, but all other parts look different & probably not work.

Here's a Ford site I spotted that has a forum on it:
http://www.fordmuscle.com/readerscars/viewcars.php?id=35

The reason I say the entire nose may swap, is that I did that on my 1969 Satellite with a 1970 nose I already had. The fenders, hood, latch tray, bumper, brackets, grille, & support all fit & lined up perfectly. I do recall drilling one hole on each side of the radiator opening for a different bolt location on the fenders. I'd sure want to know before buying it all though.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Ghoste

I agree.  You may be able to do an entire nose swap but interchange isn't so easy.  The cars are the same dimensionally but there are a lot of little differences between the two years.

ChargerSG

It was the whole nose i was thinking of, it was more if there was so easy that they even bolts up with brakets and all, since the 70 fastback is hit in the front(grill, fenders, hood) everything have to go anyway(and the price is good) :icon_smile_big:

Thanks for the help and the link :yesnod: