News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

69 Dodge engine harness for big block tach cars

Started by hemi68charger, January 22, 2007, 05:45:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..
Just got my engine harness today from Year One.. Something's not right... Please, correct me if I'm wrong, but for '68,'69 and '70, B-bodies with big blocks didn't have a separate or different wiring harness if it was equipped with an optional tach. The tach lead was already incorporated into the existing harness whether the car was ordered with tach or not.... The harness that came off Dana, my '69 Charger 500, had the tach lead incorporated both at the coil and bulkhead sides.. As we all know, the lead at the bulkhead side plugged into the under-dash harness plug that went through the firewall in it's independent grommet..... I sure M&H are making proper ones or at least evans is..............   Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr 

Please correct me if I'm wrong.....

Here's what I got.....

1st:   to the left is the new harness I recieved today. The harness to the right is the one I took off Dana.. Obviously, it's cut, but you can still see the tach lead......   

2nd:      close up......
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

hemi68charger

Seems I might be wrong...... Anyone have pictures of the tach harness and it's incorporation? A survivor or correctly restored car would be great....

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

Just 6T9 CHGR

Troy there is a seperate harness and its not incorporated into the main engine harness.....no pics of an original car though
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Chris, do you have a tach in yours? Man, you learn something every day...........
Troy

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes I got my harness from Bill Evans...it included the engine side as well as the firewall side.   I just ran the wire along side the orig harness
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Chris..
I dissected the burnt harness and found that the existing tach harness that was incorporated in this older reproduction is just fine. It's even constructed of the original gray wire with black tracer and appropriate ends.......... Sooo, now I have my OEM separate harness.  :)

Now I need to wait for my underdash harness.......

Troy
Troy

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T