News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does this frame-rail look BENT to you???

Started by Charger Aficionado, January 24, 2007, 09:35:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger Aficionado

I haven't been under a Charger in a month or two...  Don't remember if this LOOKS right... Something strikes me about it though...

Other than that car is HOLY. Says it's from Arizona, but looks like it's pounded the N.Y. Streets.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-DODGE-CHARGER-R-T-440-4-SPEED-DANA-60_W0QQitemZ120077677417

PocketThunder

Arizona car ya right!
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69charger2002

might have been in arizona for 6 months out of 38 years.. doesn't look too bent to me.
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

nakita7

Zentelis

Are there any lakes in Arizona? I would guess it was stored in one of those   :laugh:

tecmopar

Unless its the angle of the pic it sure looks bent to me, even the rear spring shackles look bent and the spring is on a slight angle, good luck.

AKcharger

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 24, 2007, 10:25:05 AM
might have been in Arizona for 6 months out of 38 years.. doesn't look too bent to me.

Exactly, Mine was an Arizona car...it moved from Tucson AZ to Alaska in 1974...rest of the time it was in AK
(I did a genealogy on it)

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Zentelis on January 25, 2007, 12:42:59 AM
Are there any lakes in Arizona? I would guess it was stored in one of those   :laugh:
Yeah, cheap storage. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Blakcharger440

The rear spring hangers look to bent as well as the rear frame looks like it was bent...but it looks like the right side of that rear frame looks straight while the left looks crooked. It may just be an optical illusion though.

is_it_EVER_done?

I can say with a fair amount of certainty that nothing is bent. It looks like any rear frame section of any Charger, and if anyones looks any different please post a picture! But with all the rust, I have to think you can find a far better starting point, as a decent frame rail is a fairly thin starting point for a restoration.

One thing that's missing from the picture is the stock shock cross member which is why it probably looks "different" from any other.