News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

tires size

Started by cowvette, January 20, 2007, 07:31:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cowvette

:-\hi at the mopar world......

well in my roadrunner in this moment i have on the car the original wheels and tires : f70 14

i have in garage a set of cragar ss new 15 * 8

con off set : -51 mm

Backspacing (in): 2.500 in.

summit code : CRR-61817

iam thinking about the 275/60 r15 or 275/50 r 15
with this wheels what biggest tire i can put on the rear axle with out changing nothing on the sospension ?

all your suggestion will be appreciate.

thanks a lot

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

cowvette

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 20, 2007, 07:37:21 PM
295's on the rear

terrific ....

really i can pu tthis tire on the rear with this off set without touch the fender?

471_Magnum

Please clarify. Are we talking Charger or Roadrunner? What year?

Quote from: mikepmcs on January 20, 2007, 07:37:21 PM
295's on the rear

Bad advice! 295's will NOT clear with 51mm (2 inches) of negative offset. You will almost certainly hit the outer wheel lip. That's like 3 inches of back space.

For that much tire, you need zero offset, or maybe 12 mm of positive offset... or air shocks.

275 60 15s will be real close to the outside lip with that much negative offset, but it's been done.

Again, you need to post some specifics about your vehicle.
"I can fix it... my old man is a television repairman... he's got the ultimate set of tools... I can fix it."

cowvette

hi, we talking about a RR '68.

could i mount on a wheel 2,5 backspacing  the 275?

or i have to order the 4,5 backspacing wheels?

thanks

cowvette