News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fineline vs. InLineTube

Started by hemi68charger, January 15, 2007, 03:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang..

My '68 Hemi Charger's going to be painted soon. I have an important and costly decision to make and want to do it once and right.. Is there an consensus on one or the other of the tubing suppliers for the reproduction world for us restorers? I know they are name brands, but want to closest to OEM as possible.

Thanks....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

4cruzin

I have only used inline tube  . . one reason is because its about an hour from me and I can avoid shipping costs and bends.  Haven't had any problems with them or their products.  Just a few days ago I installed all new brake lines from them on a 73 mopar . . fit great!   :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Spike

Inline here as well, same reason-local pick up. No problems with the lines fitting though.

RD

have used fine lines with no issues either.  their brake lines in my 73 RR fit perfectly.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

bookedbydano

Just did mine with Finelines and the fit was perfect!!!!and the look a perfect OEM match....great product...

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: bookedbydano on January 15, 2007, 06:02:11 PM
Just did mine with Finelines and the fit was perfect!!!!and the look a perfect OEM match....great product...

same here :thumbs:

used them for the fuel lines as well...
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

66mopar

I sent inline tube a email asking them if they have the brakes lines to convert the factory single line master to a dual line master (brake lines from the master to the distribution block) on a 1966 Plymouth. They responded back by saying they only manufactured original type brake lines 
I went on their web site and noticed they had the brake lines to convert a 66 chevy impala from a single line master to a dual line master.
I sent them another email pointing out this fact. They responded back by saying they would need a car to pattern the brake lines and guess what they didn't have a 1966 Plymouth. I guess Michigan doesn't have any 1966 mopars
In my final email to them I let them know that 62 to 66 mopars would use the same brake lines and that they are missing a big market.
I realize Chevys have a big following but I'm not to sure about a 66 impala.   
I made my own lines but it would have been nice to order them

bill440rt

I have Fine Lines on all my cars with zero fit problems. Bill at Fine Lines was also extremely helpful when I purchased the lines for my current '69 project. I am going with a manual 4-wheel disc SSBC conversion, & he knew exactly what I needed for an installation with zero modifications.

I did get my parking brake cables from Inline Tube though, since they manufacture them.
Hope this helps you.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

hemi68charger

Thanks guys....... I appreciate all your input and experiences........  Guess the checklist needs to ger started along with prices........
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

1badbee

I am restoring a 70 bee, and I used IN-LINE fuel lines on my car,and had NO problem what so ever,They had them in stock and was ready to ship that day!!
Exelent people to work with,(and WAYYYY CHEAPER than Fine-Lines too)..
Same with the sending units..

dodgeterm

I've used both without problems.  there is a third company:  The Right Stuff,  from which I just ordered a bunch of stuff for my '66.  I found the prices to be lower than fine lines  ($186 vs. $204).  I'll see how it measures up later this week when it arrives.

I've always used original material steel, and not Stainless.  I heard that stainless can be difficult to get to seal.

hemi68charger

Any of these guys offer OEM-correct clips that hold the lines to the framerails?
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: dodgeterm on January 16, 2007, 10:23:45 AM
I've used both without problems.  there is a third company:  The Right Stuff,  from which I just ordered a bunch of stuff for my '66.  I found the prices to be lower than fine lines  ($186 vs. $204).  I'll see how it measures up later this week when it arrives.

I've always used original material steel, and not Stainless.  I heard that stainless can be difficult to get to seal.

Does "The Right Stuff" have a webpage? I can't google-find anything..........

Troy
Troy

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yes Troy, all my lines came wioth the clips & clamps where applicable
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

hemi68charger

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 16, 2007, 01:31:07 PM

Ahh, Chris........ The clips come with the kits?....... That's cool...
Troy

bill440rt

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on January 16, 2007, 01:31:07 PM

:iagree: 
Same here. Bill at Fine Lines threw them in. He gave me a super-great deal at Carlisle. Picked up the brake lines, fule lines, trans cooler lines... everything for the whole car. Highly recommended.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

derailed

www.rightstuffdetailing.com

I bought my fuel and brake lines for my charger and goat through them and was real happy. Reasonable prices.