News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

318 6 pack question

Started by 70charger_boy, January 14, 2007, 04:24:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

I'm going to get a 340 6 pack set up on my 70 charger with a 318.  I was wondering if anybody knew if the set up would clear my hood or would I need to cut out a hood scoop? Thanks :mrt:

moparguy01

should fit. but it seems like an awful waste for that on a 318. I cant imagine a 318 EVER needing as much fuel as a 6 pack setup will provide.

70charger_boy

Well, the 318 crank is the same as the 340? correct?  and I am going to go with the x heads and cam so it should have power.

ChargerSG

I did try that on my 318(in my Challenger), had 340 heads and bigger cam but it was hard to get run good, it only did its work in full trottle fun but i didnt want to drive like a maniac all the time. I took it of and sold it(got real good price for the stuff), you never know untill you try :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

70charger_boy

Thanks for the input.  I'll just put an aluminum dual plane intake with a good 2 barrel carb

ChargerSG

I think that will work better, the Sixpack get to much.  :cheers:

70charger_boy

This guy at work has a sweet hemi(clone) 69 charger with dual quads and he's been trying to get me on the six pack set up for my 318.  I had a feeling that it wouldn't fly, but it sure would look good for the sucker that would buy it when i list it on ebay

ChargerSG

The idea is fresh, that why i hade to try it :icon_smile_big: You will sure get some good money if it on Ebay, or do you keep it and get a 360 and stick it on there :drive:

70charger_boy

Well, I feel that I have way too much money into it 12 grand for a 318 charger so I'm just going to keep it.  It's been my dream car for 20 years.  I'll save the ebay thing for all the wannabe mopar fans.  I remember when I was searching I ran across this charger on ebay that was 10 miles from my house.  I had the bid for 6 days then on the 7th day I was outbid.  now, 3 months later, the same charger is on ebay because the guy thought he got it for a steal and wants to make some money on it.

Plumcrazy

Quote from: 70charger_boy on January 14, 2007, 06:31:50 PM
Thanks for the input.  I'll just put an aluminum dual plane intake with a good 2 barrel carb

Put about a 600 cfm four barrel on it.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.