News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Picture Request...1969 Charger

Started by chargerrt, December 30, 2006, 02:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerrt

Guys I've been looking off and on for quite some time for a 69 Charger that had hood stripes like my dad's old 69 model.  The only part of the hood that was blacked out by the stripes were the 2 "scalloped out" parts of the hood.  They didn't go all the way to the back of the hood or even to the windshield (like on 70 models).  If it helps, his was a SE car and he bought it from the original owners (pretty much stock with the exception of a smaller carb, thrush mufflers, and he thinks a bigger cam might have been installed) when he got it.  I have seen one picture (only one other than his) with a charger that had stipes like this.  Can anybody help me out?

chargerrt

Here's a very crude example of what I'm talking about on a '70 model...

69_500

I could be wrong, but I thought that the 69 blacked out hoods, also went back to the windshield. I think that Chris has a few photo's of 69's with the V21 option.

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

chargerrt

I was never 100% sure how the 69 model stripes were...but now I see.  Oh well, one day if I can snag up the old pictures of my dad's 69 from grandma I'll post a pic of the hood...I wish someone else knew what I was talking about...

Just 6T9 CHGR

A member here has his hood painted that way (partial stripes)   Although not factory it looks pretty cool.

The factory striping option for 69 is pictured in the above thread (except for the '70 only engine callouts)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

2fast4u

I think you mean like this................
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

chargerrt

Lord Warlock

never seen them like that myself.  Is there a link somewhere of all the different stripe patterns for the mopars of the 68-72 era?  A parts car that i used to use had a unique side stripe that i've never seen elsewhere, grill and front fenders were gone so couldn't tell what year it was, looked like a charger from the sides.  This one had a dana 60 rear- me and my dad got half the job done and came back the next week to finish and found the dana gone-someone used a torch....darn it.  Anyway it looked similar to a billboard design from door indents to rear. 
69 RT/SE Y3 cream yellow w/tan vinyl top and black r/t stripe. non matching 440/375, 3:23, Column shift auto w/buddy seat, tan interior, am/fm w/fr to back fade, Now wears 17" magnum 500 rims and Nitto tires. Fresh repaint, new interior, new wheels and tires.

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

my69