News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rocker Moulding and Clips for 69 Charger

Started by Chatt69chgr, January 05, 2007, 10:13:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

I looked all around for rocker mouldings for a 69 charger and never actually found a listing as such but did find rocker moulding listed in the Year One Catalog for 68-70 Dodge B-bodys.  It is their part number WR994 and when I called them, they said this piece absolutely does fit my Charger.  They also sell clips.  They list a set of 18 clips as MT102 specifically for 68-70 Chargers.  They also list a set of 18 clips as RF868 for 68-70 B bodys.  I ordered and received the rocker moulding but they backordered the clips----set RF868 as it turns out.  I happened to be looking at their catalog yesterday and noticed the MT102 set and called asking if they hadn't backordered the wrong set.  They decided they had and now I have the MT102 set backordered.  Right now, I don't have that warm fuzzy feeling.  Has anyone ever used this moulding and is it correct for my application?  Will the clips they are going to send work?  I would like to call their moulding vendor but they won't tell me who it is.  Year One's catalog part number I think is coded to indicate the vendor.  So WR, RF,  and MT obviously refer to the vendors in question.  Does anyone know who these vendors are?  I do realize that the vendor could be a Chinese outfit that would be impossible to contact but thought it would be worth a try.  Even if nobody knows about the vendors, it would be real nice to hear from somebody on the forum that has actually successfully used these parts.  Thanks.

Daytona R/T SE

I believe this is the company that makes the rocker moldings for year one,paddock, etc.  :  http://www.metropartscompany.com/shop/Scripts/default.asp   I have a set of these for my car that I have yet to install...Unfortunatly Metro parts had a fire a few months ago - lost alot of inventory, dies, fixtures etc... :'(

JimShine

Yeah, it is one company making them and other places are reselling them.

We used a repop set on Lee1. They look great. These came with clips, but I would not be surprised to hear some places are seperating them to make the trim price appear more attractive.

Just 6T9 CHGR

I have the Metro ones on my car as well...put them on about 6 years ago.

The originals had a tapered phillips head screw hole in the rear of them.  These do not.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

charger Downunder

[/quote]

Chatt69chgr

I would like to thank everyone for their replies on this.  Your information has helped me immensely------and given me that warm fuzzy feeling!!