News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Carpet wrinkles.

Started by 73chgrSE, December 15, 2006, 08:47:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chgrSE

I've got new carpet. Looks pretty good, fits ok but before I trim it and cut holes there are some wrinkles that I cant get to lie down flat. Anyone got any tricks? I've put some heavy blocks on them overnite, we'll see. Maybe an iron on low heat would work?

Silver R/T

laying it out in sun would help imo
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Recharger

When I installed my carpet I had some wrinkles that wouldn't go away, and it turned out the problem was due to how they glued the padding to the underside of the carpet.  I pulled some of the padding loose from the carpet right below the wrinkled area, and that allowed the carpet to lay flat finally.  Not sure if that's the same issue you're dealing with, but it might be worth checking out.  Otherwise, you might want to roll up the windows and let the car bake in the sun for a while with something sitting on the wrinkle to smooth it out.  A sandbag would be nice and heavy, and moldable to the contours of the floor.  I'd be too nervous to put an iron on the new carpet, but that's just me.