News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Is my mind playin' tricks on me or is this an "Aero LEE"??? >>>

Started by Charger Aficionado, August 31, 2005, 01:11:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Is it my imagination that this car has a Daytona window???

Daytona or '69 500 Aero car
3 (30%)
Regular XP XS Charger
7 (70%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Charger Aficionado

As most of you may know my pretty rare '69 500 SE was ORANGE w/ an 01 on the door when I got her...   This is making me imagine that this pic is of an "Aero Lee", no???  Forget viewing the sail panels, look at the tilt of the window.  Look how it looks flush, no??? 
http://www.cglfc.com/df25.jpg

Someone said it was a guy named "Scott Romine's" car???

morepower

1968 Dodge Charger 496 Sublime Green 3.91 torqueflite. Built to drive. Best ET 11.73 at 117

2010 SRT Dodge Challenger 6.1 Hemi Orange 5 speed automatic. Daily Driver. Best ET 13.4 at 105

bull

Yea, it's a flush window. Not sure why someone would do that to a 500 (including a roll cage) but I suppose stranger things have happened.

Charger Aficionado

Quote from: bull on August 31, 2005, 01:30:40 AM
Yea, it's a flush window. Not sure why someone would do that to a 500 (including a roll cage) but I suppose stranger things have happened.
Yeah like the 500 SE...  One more thing of note:  Below the window the rear deck is tilted up rather than being flat down like an XP/XS...  no?

bull

You lost me there. I'm not seeing what you're talking about.

It doesn't help that I'm distracted by the friggin' 4X4 Charger to the right with the *^%$#* towing mirrors on it.   :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Wakko

Hmmm, I disagree.  I think its just the angle of the picture hiding the sail panels.  At first I thought the rear window looked slightly different than mine, but at closer inspection it's right.  The 500 window is shorter than the XP window, correct?  I'm no Charger guru, I'm just basing that on pics like this one:

And yeah, the first thing I noticed was the 4x4 Charger too, Bull!!!   :image_294343:
Ian

'69 Basketcase, bluetooth powered

Boynton 236 F&AM

DC_1

I agree with Wakko, I think the angle of the pictures is hidding the sali panel, but it is there. If you zoom into the picture you can see it seems to definately have a edge.

Troy

The 500 would have an extended package tray. Look where the roll bar goes through and you can see it is almost at the rear window and just behind the seat. At least that's how I see it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

cudaken

I also think it is a normal Charger and thing it how the PIC was taken as well. Seen that happen to some of the PIC of Charger's I have worked on.

Cuda Ken
I am back

Shakey

hemigeno

If you look at the full-size pic, in the lower right corner, you'll see the outline of a regular Charger Sail Panel.  I pointed to it on the attached pic...

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: Wakko on August 31, 2005, 02:04:16 AM
Hmmm, I disagree.   I think its just the angle of the picture hiding the sail panels.   At first I thought the rear window looked slightly different than mine, but at closer inspection it's right.   The 500 window is shorter than the XP window, correct?   I'm no Charger guru, I'm just basing that on pics like this one:

And yeah, the first thing I noticed was the 4x4 Charger too, Bull!!!     :image_294343:
:iagree:

Shakey

Quote from: hemigeno on August 31, 2005, 09:19:10 AM
If you look at the full-size pic, in the lower right corner, you'll see the outline of a regular Charger Sail Panel.   I pointed to it on the attached pic...

For an old fart you have pretty good eyes!

hemigeno

hotrod98

Unless I'm getting senile, I think I remember seeing a picture of a  Daytona general lee car at one of the Cooter get-togethers a couple of years ago. Has anyone else seen it. I need to look through my old mopar magazines soemtime.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Dale The Bold

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on August 31, 2005, 01:11:33 AMSomeone said it was a guy named "Scott Romine's" car???
Scott's car is a base Charger, and very well done.

I think if there's ever a 500 or Daytona General Lee, it will be a clone.  No one who could afford a car that rare would turn it in to a "fun" car like the General Lee.  But I wouldn't mind seeing a (clone) Daytona Lee.
Matt. 14:8 (KJV) "And she, being before instructed of her mother, said, 'give me here John Baptist's head in a Charger.'"

hotrod98

Actually, I assumed that the gl daytona would be a clone, but I know a lot of people around there that have more money than they will ever be able to spend. Never say never. :icon_smile_big:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

jmanscharger

Magnetic decals- any car could be a General clone-and not permanent.
1968 Silver Charger RT
1969 Yellow Charger 440
1969 Charger General Lee Replica (rescued W.VA car)
1970 Charger RT Daytona Replica
Previous Chargers Owned 66, 68(2), 69(2), 70(3)

Big Lebowski

I voted XP because it would just be wrong to do a 500 with GL stickers
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

mustanghater

it could be this car. it was soposed to have been turned in to a GL
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed