News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger front speaker install

Started by dreks95, December 16, 2006, 12:58:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreks95

im here in this forum for answers i hope maybe someone may be able to help me, im installing a stereo system in a newly redone car, im putting 5x7's in the rear and 5 1/4 in the front, per the owners instructions i cant cut the doors or drill holes into it, so it leaves the kick panel or somewhere near there, then i run into the issue of park brake clearance on the drivers side, any ideas would be greatly appreciated, by the way i need to be done with it monday morning

Silver R/T

mine already have holes for speakers (from factory looks like)
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dkn1997

Quote from: dreks95 on December 16, 2006, 12:58:41 AM
im here in this forum for answers i hope maybe someone may be able to help me, im installing a stereo system in a newly redone car, im putting 5x7's in the rear and 5 1/4 in the front, per the owners instructions i cant cut the doors or drill holes into it, so it leaves the kick panel or somewhere near there, then i run into the issue of park brake clearance on the drivers side, any ideas would be greatly appreciated, by the way i need to be done with it monday morning

did the customer mean cut the doors, or door panels.  member 70charginglizard put a set in his doors and you cannot tell they are there. he cut out everything except the layer of vinly that you see.  He did have to cut the metal on the door though.  you absolutely cannot tell they are in there..
RECHRGED

dreks95

i was told to not to cut doors, i don;t think i could place speakers behind the panels, as i am installing the bluetooth sony head unit, so the customer can accept calls through his stereo, he needs clarity to hear the caller through those speakers, i just think they won't have clarity behind the panels

2Gunz

You should check out what I have done.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21757.0.html

Any metal cutting that was done was done by the previous owner.

And none of it needed to be cut to do what I did.

The only victim here was some door panels (the covers NOT the metal inside)
and they are cheap and readly available aftermarket.

You could do a combo of what I did and what Lizard did in this post.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,8402.0.html

My mounting (no cutting)  and his stealth idea.

Im not sure how the speakers would sound behind the plastic like that, but you prolly can

Mostly make up for it just by turning it up louder.

I thought about making some custom kick panels for the car.

But after further thought I figured that is just to damn Honda Civic ish.

Good Luck !!!!!

dreks95

well i came up with a master plan, i found some project boxes (2 of them)at radio shack 7x5", made speaker boxes out of them, as far as the mounting, this is the gay part, im mounting them in front of the shifter facing the driver and pass legs, this is temporary bc uz im in a time crunch, one the owner takes possesion of it and decides differently well change it, this system seriously loud