News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Registry gone?

Started by TruckDriver, August 28, 2005, 04:57:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I went there today and the sight is gone :( I wanted to register my car with Wayne.

http://www.dodgechargerregistry.com/

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

mustanghater

he wanted to get info on this hemi daytona
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

Charge It!

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Troy

It hasn't worked the last several times I've tried it. I sent emails and they were never returned. There is a post about Wayne on the Confederate GL board but it says to contact him via regular mail. That's all I know but I'd love to help if anyone actually gets in touch with him. Been trying for years...

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

694spdRT

I talked with him at the Madison meet and he called me before the meet. I don't think there is anything wrong with the regisrty itself...maybe just the website. He is very busy and his job keeps him away from home quite a bit. Perhaps he has not been home for a while. Anyone know how long has it been down for? It worked for me in June.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

Troy

Uh oh! Someone better call him soon. WHOIS says "Record expires on 2005-08-15" so I'm guessing the site has been down for at least 13 days.

Troy

694spdRT

I believe there is a meet down in Nebraska City, Nebraksa this coming week. Hopefully someone can let him know there is a problem with the site. Anyone going to attend?

Troy,

Emails are slow at being returned, but he does focus on keeping members notified and repsonding to them. Did you email representing the new site or as an inquiring Charger owner?
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

Brock Samson

i talked to him on the phone last year, at the time he was on a cell, on a barge off the coast of alaska and he kept calling me back as we were getting disconnected.. we talked about all things Charger for near an hour, and i asked him about the "old" site, he said he heard of it but never checked it out,.. I found that nothing short of amazing.... i thought/think everyone who gives a hoot about Chargers should/shoud've  be/been  here/there,..
We talked abit about it 'n he seems to be an old school guy not all that into puters..
i sent him a rubbing of my fendertag cause he wanted to see the "(" miss-punch for himself..

694spdRT

Quote from: Stratocharger on August 28, 2005, 08:29:50 PM
  i talked to him on the phone last year, at the time he was on a cell, on a barge off the coast of alaska and he kept calling me back as we were getting disconnected.. we talked about all things Charger for near an hour, and i asked him about the "old" site, he said he heard of it but never checked it out,.. I found that nothing short of amazing.... i thought/think everyone who gives a hoot about Chargers should/shoud've  be/been  here/there,..
We talked abit about it 'n he seems to be an old school guy not all that into puters..
i sent him a rubbing of my fendertag cause he wanted to see the "(" miss-punch for himself..

He called me from a barge off of Long Island and must have had to call me back 8 or 9 times in 45 minutes. He is rather old school as the decodes for vehicles still come hand written on yellow notebook paper. You don't see that personal touch that much anymore...even if it seems outdated.

I enjoy going to the meets and have never experience being around such a nice group of people in one place....except here of course. :)
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

Troy

Quote from: 694spdRT on August 28, 2005, 08:07:28 PM
Troy,

Emails are slow at being returned, but he does focus on keeping members notified and repsonding to them. Did you email representing the new site or as an inquiring Charger owner?

Neither. I tried contacting him over a year ago to offer some help with the database when people were complaining about waiting forever and never getting any information. I thought maybe he was busy and could use the help. I was told that he was probably out of town and would most likely answer when he got back. I sent a couple more later on but never heard anything at all. I'm not really excited about paying money or sending info on my cars to someone I can never find. I was hoping to have time to go to one of the meets this year but I just can't seem to work them into my schedule.

Troy

694spdRT

It did take quite a while for my decode sheets to come through as well. I did not learn anything new by doing it other than how many Charger's like mine are in his registry. The reason I keep my membership active is for the meets that he organizes...and you get a shirt too.    :icon_smile_approve:

He did ask for people to give him time to get stuff out as this is done in his spare time...much like the new job you have Troy.  ;)

I wish they would of took you up on your offer as someone with database experience would make the whole thing work smoother(& easier) though.
1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

Chad L. Magee

I called and talked to Wayne last week.  He called me and left a message about one of my cars (69 Charger RT) and wanted to know a few more specifics on it.  He told me that they are in the process of updating the database and it might take some time.  His wife is helping him go through and sort the information, looking for lost info and such.  The computer database that he had was becoming outdated (plus virus attacks and such) and that is the reason he is doing this to make it better.  So, just wait and it will be worth waiting for.  Wayne does a great service to this hobby without financial gain, so my hat is off to him..........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

694spdRT

Quote from: Chad L. Magee on August 28, 2005, 10:59:54 PM
I called and talked to Wayne last week.  He called me and left a message about one of my cars (69 Charger RT) and wanted to know a few more specifics on it.  He told me that they are in the process of updating the database and it might take some time.  His wife is helping him go through and sort the information, looking for lost info and such.  The computer database that he had was becoming outdated (plus virus attacks and such) and that is the reason he is doing this to make it better.  So, just wait and it will be worth waiting for.  Wayne does a great service to this hobby without financial gain, so my hat is off to him..........

:iagree:

I can't imagine the amount of time it takes to organize the different meets all over the country, etc. 

1968 Charger 383 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto

69_500

What HEMI Daytona are we talking about here?

Chris G.

IIRC, that site was built and run by a couple kids (14 or 15). I don't think Wayne was much involved in it, but he was happy it was up. Maybe the kids got tired of the whole thing and stopped updating? It was rarely updated from the start anyway. I'm sure the registry is alive and well. It's just the site that's down.

Charge It!

Quote from: 69_500 on August 29, 2005, 06:34:28 PM
What HEMI Daytona are we talking about here?

I don't think any Hemi Daytona has anything to do with this thread. It's just mustang boy babbling again.

JimShine

I spoke to Wayne on the phone maybe 3 months ago. I also dropped him a line to let him know my '69 is a General Lee. He contacted both the Confed and NAGLFC sites looking to get people to mail him a note about their General Lee clones,. real cars, etc. I bet he is looking to start a database of General Lee's. If he calls, I will let you all know what he is up to.

Charger Aficionado

INTERESTING (Where's Wayne):

Posted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Attention GL owners -
Hey Guys -
I got a call from good 'ole Wayne Wooten this morning. He was in New York City Harbor staring at the Statue of Liberty at the time - I was honored he took time out of his busy life to call me. The call lasted for four hours and touched on every aspect of this hobby I can imagine.

He specifically requested to hear from you guys. He is really looking to get back into the "Dukes" hobby.

He would like to hear from the people here who currently have General Lees (real, replicas, in progress) by mail. He does not want emails or phone calls - he wants written personal letters and he will be contacting you directly afterwards. Please include your contact info - and a current phone number if possible. I bet he'd like a pic of your GL.

He truly looks forward to hearing from you guys.

Please write him at:

Wayne Wooten
PO Box 79
Meherrin, Virginia

Where I found this:  http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=2893