News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Grill Frame Paint or powder coat?

Started by Back N Black, November 25, 2006, 11:16:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

I'm getting ready to install my grill in the frame(header panel) and just wondering what most guys are doing with reguards to painting the frame or powder coating the frame ?

Thanks in advance

autodynamics

Drop Top

Depends on how good your powder coater is. If they can do a good job then thats the way to go. Look at their work first.

Shakey

Winged 1

;D
Go with powder.
Make sure you look at some of there other work, and at least make a hand shake deal of sorts that if it dont come out like it should, you dont have to pay. This is the best we can do, just dont cut it....
Best of luck

bull

My plan is to powder coat virtually every bracket on the car that will fit in the guy's machine.

Shakey

Keep in mind when powdercoating something, it will add thickness.

I was talkin' to a fellow that had a lot of items for his car powdercoated and when it came time to install some of these items, the mount holes had to be cleaned out as some of the bolts would not go through cleanly.

Just a heads up.

autodynamics

if you can powdercoat it. its allot more durable . i love how mine came out so much so i powdercoated my entire suspension and i still want to do my so much more ...